Blade Runner

General talk, about the site, sci-fi-london or anything else....
Moss Piglet
SFL Member

Blade Runner

Post by Moss Piglet » Tue May 30, 2006 5:29 pm

http://www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/Movies/ ... index.html

"LOS ANGELES, California (Hollywood Reporter) -- Ridley Scott's sci-fi classic "Blade Runner," one of the first movies to appear on DVD in 1997, is being restored and remastered for a brief reissue in September.

The DVD, featuring the 1992 "director's cut," will be deleted after four months, and replaced by a 25th-anniversary "final cut," which Warner Home Video is billing as Scott's "definitive new version" of the film. (Warner Home Video is a unit of Time Warner, as is CNN.)"

So what entails a 'definitive new version' I wonder. Can't wait for this one.

I am not a quiet person.

spiritquest
SFL Member

Blade Runner

Post by spiritquest » Tue May 30, 2006 7:55 pm

I just finished reading 'Do Androids Dream Of Electric Sheep' yesterday, a very different story, but Blade Runner rocks, I have that Directors Cut .. me wonders what the 'Final Cut' might hold in store ... Mood Organs :)

timberwolf0122
SFL Active Member

Blade Runner

Post by timberwolf0122 » Wed May 31, 2006 9:37 am

There's a post on slashdot about it, http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=06/05/30/1533216

From the article it appears that th Final Cut will also include the Direcotrs 1992 and original theatrical versions. However it is worth noting that the audio is stereo (not anamophic surround which the film was recorded in) and the video may also not be anamorphic.

I love the look and feel of the blade runner world (used to great effect in the syndicate(wars) games). I would like ot see a prequal movie that cover the events leading to the banishment/outlaw of andriods from Earth.

Moss Piglet
SFL Member

Blade Runner

Post by Moss Piglet » Wed May 31, 2006 2:41 pm

I watched 'Soldier' the other night. Not exactly a star movie but ok. It appears to be set in the same BR universe with the mention of the 'soldier' having fought at the Tenhausser gate (spelling?) - one of the battles Roy Batty fought in. This doesn't have the look and feel of BR unfortunately but does give you some ideas to consider if thinking about other aspects of the BR world.
I am not a quiet person.

timberwolf0122
SFL Active Member

Blade Runner

Post by timberwolf0122 » Wed May 31, 2006 9:57 pm

I got soldier on VHS and I've never really made the link. I shall have to watch it on sunday after I get back from the Corperate games.

ELLE

Blade Runner

Post by ELLE » Thu Jun 01, 2006 11:22 am

appears that ridley scott will talk on 'new' disc and its the 25th anniversary? in 2007 ?
..the original dvd is now a collectors item..and difficult to find...also cant wait for this dvd..reissue?..bladerunner world?..fabulous , dont want another follow up movie unless made by the same team using a P.K.Dick story, he didnt write a follow up himself, although his stories could be used ?
not a K.W.Jeter story, he was a friend of PKD and given permision to write follow ups..he wrote Blade Runner sequels...
(2) 'The Edge of Human'.and then (3) and (4)...but he didnt think much of bladerunner fans, and they dont think much of him...
imagine a re-release on big screen..yes please.. :D or permision to sci-f-london- it?..... for next year?:D
I for one would love a Philip K Dick allnighter, where BladeRunner was shown back to back 3 times allnight, with the PKD documentary shown last year?..year before?..
just a thought...

timberwolf0122
SFL Active Member

Blade Runner

Post by timberwolf0122 » Thu Jun 01, 2006 4:06 pm

If you total up the number of all nighter wihes on the board were either going need a second/larger venue next year or SLF will have to become Bi-Annual.

I would like to see a
Dark City, Blade Runner, Aenoa + something else of a similar ilk marathon
Jim Henson Marathon - Dark Crystal, Laberynth, Empire Strikes Back, Muppets in Space
Ray Harryhausen Marathon - Jason and the Argonuats, 7th Voyage of Sinbads, 1M years BC, Sinbad and the Eye of the Tiger

I think I'm going off topic...

Thanks for spotting the deliberate error editor! (@)

The Editor
SFL Active Member

Blade Runner

Post by The Editor » Thu Jun 01, 2006 4:50 pm

Wrong puppet master. Ray Harryhausen did Jason et al. I'm sure it was a genuine mistake.

ELLE

Blade Runner

Post by ELLE » Fri Jun 02, 2006 11:38 am

i have as of this a.m....bought a used dvd of bladerunner....as i only had video of it...talking about it..MADE me want to see it again..how much time is there ? and so many movies..but BR is a definitive sci fi movie...and i wanted the @directors cut' before they disappear..if any one has got a copy they are going for loads money...even ebay short of ''copies''..so look after them..seen the dvds for £50 - £100 and so on..cheapest on amazon £28..and play.com has none...

and as for sci fi london being 'bi-annual' i wouldnt mind that either %)

Ollie
SFL Member

Blade Runner

Post by Ollie » Sat Jun 03, 2006 12:38 pm

The new edition will be a 3 discer. It will contain The Original Theatrical Cut, The Extended International Cut and Ridley's new version. There will be also a whole host of extras.

ELLE

Blade Runner

Post by ELLE » Thu Jul 06, 2006 11:28 am

ok its out for reserve...out in OCTOBER// 2006#)

BLADERUNNER directors cut...
30th OCTOBER @ only £11.99 :D
Play.com and Tesco Jersey have 2 pence difference in the price both delivery free...
love the blurb which tells how the music may change before its release
and
''like you have never seen before''

Moss Piglet
SFL Member

Blade Runner

Post by Moss Piglet » Thu Jul 06, 2006 12:01 pm

I found a video of BR The Director's Cut, still in its plastic wrapper, in my stack the other day. Does anyone buy videos these days? Perhaps I'll hold onto as an investment :)
I am not a quiet person.

ELLE

Blade Runner

Post by ELLE » Fri Jul 07, 2006 12:22 pm

i have a vid of bladerunner, but dont play videos any more..which is why i wanted a dvd of the'' former glory'', got it,
and it was difficult hunt..
if your vid is still wrapped then it will prob be worth a bit...mad eh?... :)
cant wait for oct..to get the ''new'' stuff...

Smythes
SFL New User

Blade Runner

Post by Smythes » Sun Jul 09, 2006 6:46 pm

The music may change..I hope they dont completely take away Vangelis!

More of his stuff, would I think, be the best option!

BR is a defo classic - it just has a feel, and I think PKD's book underlines the point of the story in the film. A book worth reading, if only for one paragraph where a point is made!

Ollie
SFL Member

Blade Runner

Post by Ollie » Sun Jul 09, 2006 6:55 pm

The changes for Ridley's new cut are:

Digital insertion of Spinners and wire removal

The addition of the Holden in hospital scene and a few smaller scenes (including original unicorn different to one in the non-accuratly called DC)

Remixing of sound to 5.1