Newbie Seeking New Pad

General talk, about the site, sci-fi-london or anything else....
GSK
SFL New User

Newbie Seeking New Pad

Post by GSK » Sat Apr 21, 2007 9:06 pm

Hi all

I'm going to be working at this year's festival so I look forward to seeing y'all . Anyway, I'm looking for a new pad and Louis suggested I post here and see if there's anything doing. A good plan, as it'd be great to live with like minded folk.

So, here's the short essay I posted on Gumtree!

Thanks folks (this isn't spam, is it? Nah...)

---------------
Girl Plus Two Cats Looking For Cosy Pad
(Zone 2 North/East) Wanted from 31/05

Hi all

See above! I am indeed a girl (aged 27, pushing 30 is a sore point), and come with two cats. House trained of course.

Bit about me. I work in film, I'm one of those alternative types, but don't let that put you off. I like guitars but I can also be found happily dancing to Girls Aloud on occasion (don't tell anyone). I like to cook curries that all taste the same and watch films in the evening. I also like to buy the Guardian on a Saturday and not get round to reading anything other than the supplements. Maybe you can read it so it's not such a waste.

Okay, so I'm looking for somewhere I can really call home. Long term please, keeping on moving is a bit of a chore! Ideally, I'd like to share with no more than one or two other people. I've tried busier shares and it doesn't really work for me. Reason being, I like home to be chilled out and I love parties, but only at other people's houses. I want to live with people I can really get along with, so it's nice and chilled out. A lounge would be great. A garden, even better. Oh and I prefer to live with men. Not sure why but I always seem to get on better with male housemates.

Somewhere in North London, no further out than zone 2 (could stretch to zone 3 for the right place) is what I'm looking for. Stoke Newington/Highbury/Crouch End/Finsbury Park/wherever. Budget is £400 a month. Could stretch a bit more for the perfect pad I guess, but not much more as I still want to be able to afford to be able to leave the house once in a while.

What I don't want:

Can't live with a couple again. Doing that at the moment and it's torture. Politics is best left for unread newspapers!

Note writers. If I've done something naughty, please just come and tell me :)

I've actually got until 17 June to find somewhere but I'm flexible and can do before then.

Hope to hear from my perfect pad soon!

Naila

Shaun F
SFL Active Member

Newbie Seeking New Pad

Post by Shaun F » Mon Apr 23, 2007 10:14 am

If you have a livejournal account there are a few communities I could put you in the direction of.

Shaun

GSK
SFL New User

Newbie Seeking New Pad

Post by GSK » Mon Apr 23, 2007 5:28 pm

I don't actually Shaun, no. I figured having a MySpace was quite enough online shenanigans. Speaking of which, has the festival got a MySpace? Could be a good plan if there isn't one already up and running...

Admin
Site Admin

Newbie Seeking New Pad

Post by Admin » Mon Apr 23, 2007 10:36 pm

sci-fi-london has a myspace page - please be our friend!

Roosta
SFL Active Member

Newbie Seeking New Pad

Post by Roosta » Tue Apr 24, 2007 1:50 pm

"TO THE SPACE GUN!!!"