new sifi is junk

General talk, about the site, sci-fi-london or anything else....
old school
SFL New User

new sifi is junk

Post by old school » Thu Feb 15, 2007 1:33 am

[B I am so tired,of this new sifi that is about killer computers. When are they going to do shows whith some of the old sifi...like (citys in flight)
or the (stainless steal rat) There is so much good sifi out there that does not inculed killing and maham..the foundation cronaciles would great to see on the big screen][/b]storys about exploration like the heechee storys....but nooooooooo!!!!! kill kill kill the bad monsters is all we get.. :@

The Editor
SFL Active Member

new sifi is junk

Post by The Editor » Thu Feb 15, 2007 10:39 am

Foundation Trilogy would make a fantastic movie/TV series, although I re-read it recently and some of it sounds a bit dated that could be easily remedied. They managed to make Battlestar Galactica into one of the coolest and most relevant shows on TV, so starting Foundation afresh should be a cinch. And who doesn't want to see the Mule on screen. Methinks Andy Serkis could get a casting call.

elle
SFL Active Member

Re: new sifi is junk

Post by elle » Sat May 19, 2007 2:29 pm

old school wrote: [B I am so tired,of this new sifi that is about killer computers. When are they going to do shows whith some of the old sifi...like (citys in flight)
or the (stainless steal rat) There is so much good sifi out there that does not inculed killing and maham..the foundation cronaciles would great to see on the big screen][/b]storys about exploration like the heechee storys....but nooooooooo!!!!! kill kill kill the bad monsters is all we get.. :@
erm dare i suggest that some of the best sci-fi broadcast nowadays is on
the radio..... :oops: :shock: on BBC7 dab ..the Seventh Dimension...
i am aware that we live in the age of VISION and that no one listens
BUT try SCI- FI ON THE OTHER BOX....
the dab radio. ..21c technology :roll: ...or website? BBC7?

funnily enough good sci-fi is written as a reflection of the times we live in
and we seem live in the ''age of the victim''...where ''no one listens''...
and guess what no one does......try it? :idea:

Paul Jacques
SFL Member

Post by Paul Jacques » Wed May 30, 2007 10:38 pm

old school wrote: [B I am so tired,of this new sifi that is about killer computers. When are they going to do shows whith some of the old sifi...like (citys in flight)
I like my monster big, bad, lots of teeth (and drool) and by the end of the movie dead- I twitch every time “it” makes it known "I'll be back" in a sequel.

When they gave us a cerebral like “Bicentennial Man” it was panned, so is it any surprise they go for drool & claws in SF movies, it’s like we want our cake and have a small monster burst out of it.

Shaun F
SFL Active Member

Post by Shaun F » Thu May 31, 2007 10:09 am

The machinist springs to mind as being an excellent "fantastic film" and it had no monsters or space ships. It really does depend on what floats your boat, thankfully I like the whole range.

elle
SFL Active Member

Post by elle » Fri Jun 01, 2007 11:25 am

Shaun F wrote:The machinist springs to mind as being an excellent "fantastic film" and it had no monsters or space ships. It really does depend on what floats your boat, thankfully I like the whole range quote

why are you fed up with killing monsters old school?..and killer computers? they are just a reflection of our century..AND the 'powers that be' who want us to be, and stay scared..and get off our p.c and stop being indie
..AND not even use the word..SCIENCE fiction, but blockbuster...and the sheep chavvies are scared enough for all of us.....
do agree about the machinist, never fails to amaze

Shaun F
SFL Active Member

Post by Shaun F » Fri Jun 01, 2007 11:32 am

Maybe its just the killing part thats the turn off? Although life and death, destruction and recreation are all part of nature and evolution. Utopias rarely survive due to the human nature as still being part animal. In some cases mostly animal!!

elle
SFL Active Member

Post by elle » Fri Jun 01, 2007 11:58 am

Shaun F wrote:Maybe its just the killing part thats the turn off? Although life and death, destruction and recreation are all part of nature and evolution. Utopias rarely survive due to the human nature as still being part animal. In some cases mostly animal!!
amen...
(AND i now confess..that I LOVE ARNIE movies..
anything 'sci fi' arnie is in...i can watch over and over..ahem..)

seen more 'horror' in eastenders etc than any ol movie..and soap is said to be a reflection of real life..it is 'the ordinary' that is more scary?...
although cine excess may be a step too far...i think tho' they may be an excuse to w..k off in public, but thats a personal opinion

Battlestar
SFL New User

Post by Battlestar » Thu Dec 20, 2007 5:51 pm

BATTLE STAR GALACTICA RAZOR IS OUT ON DVD ON THE 26 NOVEMBER. IF YOU LOVE THE SHOW CHECK OUT THIS AMAZING VIRAL http://WWW.RAZORCHALLENGE.CO.UK- LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK!