William Gibson event

General talk, about the site, sci-fi-london or anything else....
Moss Piglet
SFL Member

William Gibson event

Post by Moss Piglet » Thu Aug 30, 2007 12:03 pm

I enjoyed the event (although it annoys me that you have to buy hardbacks at book signings. I'm just not a fan of them.)

For those of you who attended... there was a question from the audience asking Mr Gibson what was on his t-shirt. I think the answer was something about a 'full dog'. Forgive my stupidity but does anyone know what the joke is with that?
I am not a quiet person.

Shaun F
SFL Active Member

Post by Shaun F » Thu Aug 30, 2007 12:37 pm

No idea about the t-shirt but I did enjoy the event. It was the second time I had seen him and had a book signed. Still one of my heroes. As far as books go, I like either format but I am leaning towards hardbacks for their re-readability and durability but paperbacks are that much more portable.

Moss Piglet
SFL Member

Post by Moss Piglet » Thu Aug 30, 2007 7:02 pm

My problem with hardbacks is that they don't fit on the bookshelf along with everything else. I'm in a one bedroom flat so space is at a premium. But maybe I'm just obsessive about neat lines on the shelf or something :)
I am not a quiet person.

Shaun F
SFL Active Member

Post by Shaun F » Fri Aug 31, 2007 10:43 am

Mine are all over the shop, different heights and widths as even paperbacks these days are not always consistently sized. I have two sets of shelves for fiction and another two sets of shelves for all the other books. But thats a 3 bed house for you, I remeber my days on one bedded ness, stuff EVERYwhere :)

The Editor
SFL Active Member

Post by The Editor » Mon Sep 03, 2007 11:56 pm

For those of you who didn't make it, and those who did, we are going to be showing a video of the interview on http://www.sci-fi-london.tv from September 8. That question oabout the T-shirt didn't make the final edit. I didn't get it either.