Anime reviewer wanted

General talk, about the site, sci-fi-london or anything else....
The Editor
SFL Active Member

Anime reviewer wanted

Post by The Editor » Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:36 am

As most people know SCI-FI-LONDON, both the festival and the website, is run on a purely voluntary basis by a core of dedicated people who give up their time to make SFL what it is. Matt, our dedicated anime reviewer, has been enticed away with the editorship of webzine, and no amount of pleading on our part would convince him to stay. So we are looking for an equally dedicated anime reviewer to watch around ten DVDs per month and write about them. Reviews can be anywhere from 100 to 500 words, whatever you think it takes, and will need to be posted the week prior to the DVD release. We usually get the review discs about four weeks beforehand. If you want to be part of the SFL team then drop me an e-mail at chrisp@sci-fi-london with a sample review you have written. I have a stack of DVDs waiting to send out to some lucky anime fan. And who knows, your by-line could be that all important first step to being a professional film journalist.

Shinji Ikari
SFL Pro

Re: Anime reviewer wanted

Post by Shinji Ikari » Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:41 pm

Humm the key word there was anime

I gess I could give it a go if you wish?

Fiend-kun
SFL Member

Post by Fiend-kun » Sun Feb 01, 2009 4:44 pm

Don't suppose you're still looking?

Lifetime experience in the anime community, had worked in-industry before, I write plain and simple, and have the ability to criticise.

penfold
SFL Member

Post by penfold » Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:16 pm

Whoops, sorry, we prob should have updated this thread when Lee and I took over the role last August. We're all sorted for Anime Reviewers right now but if anything happens in the future there'll most likely be another cry for help posted here on the forums. In the meantime you're more than welcome to leave comments against each of the reviews as they go up.
Penfold

EDIT: This is probably a good juncture for me to introduce myself, something I should have done months ago.

Hi, I'm Penfold, SFL anime reviewer and festival volunteer. I've been an anime & manga fan for well over 20 years now. I'm not going to say how long exactly as it makes me sound really old. :?

Anyway, I can usually be found working, enjoying anime/manga, rambling about anime/manga on various sites floating around the 'net or at festivals around the country. If anyone sees me at any of the SFL fests feel free to come up and say hi. I'm not hard to spot, if you see a tall guy with a beard wearing leather and a Sci-Fi-London t-shirt, that's Louis, the Head Honcho. If you see another tall guy with a beard and wearing leather and a Sci-Fi-London t-shirt, that's probably me. :)

Also if anyone's got any comments about any of the shows that I've reviewed, or about the reviews themselves, then please stick a comment at the bottom of the review to let me know what you think.

Shinji Ikari
SFL Pro

Post by Shinji Ikari » Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:17 pm

Well thanks for the intor from one anime fan to anuther good to see some of us have many years under our belts such as me and Fiend-kun that makes 3 of us lol

the-mental-one
SFL Member

Post by the-mental-one » Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:34 pm

erm...I'm receiving check discs for cult tv, if you have any set rules for reviews I could probably change the review enough to make them both original or I could pick and choose the reviews for the different websites.

edit: I've also been a fan of anime and manga for over twenty years, as such you can't be that old :P