The Dates of Octoberfest

General talk, about the site, sci-fi-london or anything else....
Shinji Ikari
SFL Pro

The Dates of Octoberfest

Post by Shinji Ikari » Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:10 am

I was looking at the dates and so on and noticed that they acherly had changed to the end of October 23 -24 rather than the begine like last year?

I was woundering what this was and if you realised it clashed with the London MCM Expo one of the bigest Sci and Anime Events of the year for us People and do you think this will afect Octoberfest due to this?

penfold
SFL Member

Re: The Dates of Octoberfest

Post by penfold » Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:34 pm

The Oktoberfest's also slap bang in the middle of The BFI 53rd London Film Festival - just 'round the corner in Leicester Square - which runs from Oct 14th to the 29th.

http://www.bfi.org.uk/lff/node/688
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... -boy-kamui

Now if Oktoberfest alone isn't enough to get people into town to see some great films - and it should be - then with the London Film Fest going on as well then there's no excuse.

billy
SFL Member

Post by billy » Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:06 am

It's also not really that much of a clash with Expo - it looks like the main events are going to be Friday and Saturday nights, so after you've finished watching the cosplayers and engaging in GLORIOUS commerce you can run down to the Apollo for a bit of All-nighting...

the-mental-one
SFL Member

Post by the-mental-one » Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:18 pm

Plus if you're coming from a ways away just for the Expo you can always come to the allnighter so you don't need to worry about booking a hotel room :twisted:

penfold
SFL Member

Post by penfold » Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:13 pm

the-mental-one wrote:Plus if you're coming from a ways away just for the Expo you can always come to the allnighter so you don't need to worry about booking a hotel room :twisted:
Very true. Also, an all-nighter ticket's cheaper than a hotel room and you'd be hard pressed to find a hotel that does free Red Bull and ice cream.

PLUS: If anime's not your thing there are two other all-nighters to choose from. Apart from MST3K it looks like this year's third line up will be Aliens Vs Predator themed.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sci-Fi-London#All-Nighters

the-mental-one
SFL Member

Post by the-mental-one » Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:32 pm

penfold wrote:
the-mental-one wrote:Plus if you're coming from a ways away just for the Expo you can always come to the allnighter so you don't need to worry about booking a hotel room :twisted:
Very true. Also, an all-nighter ticket's cheaper than a hotel room and you'd be hard pressed to find a hotel that does free Red Bull and ice cream.
Ahhhh but I don't like Red Bull and shouldn't eat ice cream....I guess I'll just have to come down and work the night shift again ;)
penfold wrote: PLUS: If anime's not your thing there are two other all-nighters to choose from. Apart from MST3K it looks like this year's third line up will be Aliens Vs Predator themed.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sci-Fi-London#All-Nighters
oooooh I like the sound of that *blinks* although I feel a case of dejavu coming on :P

penfold
SFL Member

Post by penfold » Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:35 pm

penfold wrote: PLUS: If anime's not your thing there are two other all-nighters to choose from. Apart from MST3K it looks like this year's third line up will be Aliens Vs Predator themed.
http://www.sci-fi-london.com/festival/2009/oktoberfest/

The line-ups for the other two all-nighters are out. I know quite a few people that are gong to be torn between the Anime all-nighter and the AVP all-nighter. If only it was possible to split yourself in half then you could do both!

lizgoode206
SFL New User

Post by lizgoode206 » Sat Feb 13, 2010 5:42 am

I think the head on clash of two huge activities is to test who will be patronized more. by the way Shinji Ikari, where were you last October 23 and 24? October Fest or MCM Expo., they are kinda testing the loyalty of the people and for sure any Oktoberfest has that, right?

chellebauer2
SFL New User

Post by chellebauer2 » Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:23 pm

Actually I think this was not even an issue, both had their own share of crowd, it only means that there are really alot of people who wants to have a really good time. Don't you think?

lizgoode206
SFL New User

Post by lizgoode206 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:30 am

Did it matter? It still was a very successful event; it just keeps getting better and better...
Now let’s just wait and see until Oktoberfest 2010.

Shinji Ikari
SFL Pro

Post by Shinji Ikari » Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:32 pm

lizgoode206 wrote:I think the head on clash of two huge activities is to test who will be patronized more. by the way Shinji Ikari, where were you last October 23 and 24? October Fest or MCM Expo., they are kinda testing the loyalty of the people and for sure any Oktoberfest has that, right?
sadly the expo but I was responsable for a large group of people so coulent realy change it