Worst droids in films?

General talk, about the site, sci-fi-london or anything else....
Heebie
SFL Member

Worst droids in films?

Post by Heebie » Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:48 pm

I’ve just watched Silent Running and couldn’t really get over how useless the droids (or drones, as they called them) were. They had less personality than Red Dwarf’s Scutters! I just looked on IMDB.com and it seems I’m actually in the minority there as people seem to find them sweet.

Are there any worst droids out there in the universe?

billy
SFL Member

Re: Worst droids in films?

Post by billy » Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:31 pm

I'm not sure about worse droids, but this reminds me that I need to kick Silent Running up my Lovefilm list. I've also heard that the robots are lovely, so am dialing down the expectations a chunk.

There's some late 70s film with a gold man and a rubbish bin on wheels, they were a bit crap. Luckily noone remembers them now...

Heebie
SFL Member

Post by Heebie » Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:53 pm

billy wrote:I'm not sure about worse droids, but this reminds me that I need to kick Silent Running up my Lovefilm list. I've also heard that the robots are lovely, so am dialing down the expectations a chunk.
Yeah, I posted something on how much they annoyed me on IMDB. Apparently, I'm in the minority. Everyone else loved them! They just annoyed me. Plus I didn't much like the second half of Silent Running. I'm not one to openly like remakes, but I think Silent Running is a candidate.

lizgoode206
SFL New User

Post by lizgoode206 » Sat Feb 13, 2010 5:46 am

They seemed to really catch you huh. Maybe by this time you have outgrown that feeling towards the sweet drones. It's ok to be different pal, you may think it's weird but I do find these creatures funny

lizgoode206
SFL New User

Post by lizgoode206 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:52 am

Wonder where you are coming from.
But again, try to think of think they bring in spices in each movie they are into, so let's just leave with it.

Heebie
SFL Member

Post by Heebie » Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:11 am

danieljones2006 wrote:I completely agree to the fact that Silent Running has the worst droids in films. It is pathetic rather.
Then again, I think I was the only child who preferred Johnny 5 (Short Circuit) armed with a cool lazer gun!