all-nighter etiqutte online

As well as comments, let's hear your survival stories...
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin » Tue Apr 18, 2006 9:24 pm

Hi all

Anyone who has never done an all-nighter before... well here is what we think of as "sound advice"

http://www.sci-fi-london.com/forum/view ... 4168#p4168
Enjoy

Shinji Ikari
SFL Pro

Post by Shinji Ikari » Tue Apr 18, 2006 9:48 pm

Thanks Boss thats a real help to everyone
Last edited by Shinji Ikari on Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Editor
SFL Active Member

Post by The Editor » Wed Apr 19, 2006 10:26 am

Sage advice, eloquently put.

I'd like to emphasis the importance of taking drinking water. It is so much better to help keep you awake than caffiene, mainly because if you drink a 2 litre bottle you'll need to keep going to the toilet. Water also keeps you more alert and generally keeps you fresh.

siccoyote
SFL Member

Post by siccoyote » Thu Apr 20, 2006 8:49 pm

I guess that's how it's done down south, up at the leeds horror all-nighter it was quite smelly, chicken and beer half way through, and laughing and shouting at the films.

But I guess an Anime one will be different, I've not been to one of those before, got 1 of the last 3 tickets! Woo.

I'll be sure to shower before I leave for london :P

ELLE

Post by ELLE » Thu Apr 20, 2006 9:02 pm

i have been away for the chocolate weekend..and just got back to read #)
about smells chicken beer and shouting etc..so are we gonna pay to watch and listen to the :? audience or the films...
at the all nighters? or wot :~
didnt know there was a north south divide in etiquette and caring about other people etc.... %)

so tru to my sig i'll shove off then %)

siccoyote
SFL Member

Post by siccoyote » Thu Apr 20, 2006 9:07 pm

I think it's more the difference between a boozey northern horror all-nighter and a normal showing of a film, normally I hate any of that stuff when I'm watching a movie, (I put up with it in Ice Age 2 because, well you know, they're kids, it would be wrong to slaughter them yet)

Of cause, an anime all-nighter is probably quite different.

Less 'Audience Participation' is accepted, (LOFT was a funny film)

I'm very behaved myself, just talking about others (btw the chicken and beer was part of the thing and included in the price)

ELLE

Post by ELLE » Thu Apr 20, 2006 9:21 pm

gotcha ;) ...siccoyote..and welcome to sci fi etc...

and i love kids but like you i couldnt eat a whole one......
actually i am very badly behaved myself. but dont let it get in the way of watching a movie...
but there, that also could be to do with sitting in the back row quietly sharpening my fangs whilst i search for an unprotected neck, so do wear a scarf? %)

Manicj
SFL New User

Post by Manicj » Fri Apr 21, 2006 12:58 pm

Now that's really nicely done and a great guide for all to follow. Too many events skip on dealing with the sticky issues of etiquette and it all goes downhill. Thanks Louis!!!

Jim

perfecto2002
SFL New User

Post by perfecto2002 » Fri Apr 21, 2006 5:21 pm

Yes some good advice indeed! :) Although i would also like to add that eating a large vindaloo ,or the like, before hand is not a very good idea either...lol ;)

Shinji Ikari
SFL Pro

Post by Shinji Ikari » Fri Apr 21, 2006 7:54 pm

Just a worning for all Vampiers stay clear of me or you will be Dusted yes you heared me Dusted
Last edited by Shinji Ikari on Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

elle
SFL Active Member

Re: all-nighter etiqutte online

Post by elle » Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:12 pm

Shinji Ikari wrote:Just a worning for all Vampiers stay clear of me or you will be Dusted yes you heared me Dusted
anyone else really getting keyed up for the sci fi fest?.. :D
and besides all the etiquette dont forget to dust down your vampires before you come... :wink:

the-mental-one
SFL Member

Post by the-mental-one » Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:10 pm

So Shinji will be coming in one of his standard cosplays...

Might I suggest you also add a standard / etiquette idea around cosplay...

Make sure it's comfortable, easy to sit down in on cinema seats (remember these aren't as large as some seats), and because we really don't want you bothering your fellow attendees please ensure that you aren't wearing something that can easily poke into the person sat next to you, block the view of the person sat behind you or cause you to perspire profusely during the night...

:twisted:

Shinji Ikari
SFL Pro

Post by Shinji Ikari » Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:35 pm

you did look at the date of that post dint you it was 2006 lol

billy
SFL Member

Post by billy » Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:33 pm

So are you coming in a non-standard cosplay this year? :)

the-mental-one
SFL Member

Post by the-mental-one » Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:10 pm

Shinji Ikari wrote:you did look at the date of that post dint you it was 2006 lol
Yeah, I know, I revived an old post. Why? Because obviously this forum isn't used anywhere near as much as it should if a message from 2006 was like third on the list in the all nighter's section...and the etiquette guide is still relevant and still needs updating to include something about cosplayers - we're all mad and don't necessarily think enough about the costume and where we're going to be and whether it's appropriate, normally we're more thinking "oooh that'd be a cool costume" and pretty much nothing else enters into the decision to make it other than money and ability to perfect the costume ;)

Also with regards the cosplay, I'm just assuming as I've seen you in the same one apart from one expo for over 3 years now :twisted: but I suppose when you're volunteering you'll be wearing the black t-shirt...