Alll nighter feed back?

As well as comments, let's hear your survival stories...
Shinji Ikari
SFL Pro

Alll nighter feed back?

Post by Shinji Ikari » Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:59 pm

So how was alll the all nighters then?

what did you all think?

what did you like dislike about them?

ArmchairTitan
SFL New User

Re: Alll nighter feed back?

Post by ArmchairTitan » Fri Oct 30, 2009 8:29 pm

Went to the anime all-nighter.

Had a great time! The movies were awesome, especially Eve no Jikan. There were a few issues related to the subs for that one sadly, but it wasn't a disaster.

Overall a great night. It seemed to be slightly lacking the buzz that I felt last year, probably because there was no sponsored event / EA employees / scary deadspace cosplay man around, but I'll definitely be going again next time.

donmurray29
SFL Member

Post by donmurray29 » Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:36 pm

my only problem is that it was the same day as expo, so no sleep, don't do this again please, I know it was to get more fans that way but alot had to choose one over the other, and a lot chose expo, that is why the crowd was so different, next may and october, do not put on expo days please for crying out loud!

EdZ
SFL New User

Post by EdZ » Thu Nov 05, 2009 4:24 am

The films were great (well, maybe not King of Thorn...), but there were a few niggling video quality issues. The film grain on the Sky Crawlers print was unavoidable, as were the well known contrast problems with Evangelion 1.0, but the aspect ratio issues with Time of Eve could have been fixed, and King of Thorn and Eureka Seven were inexplicably interlaced (and by my eyes, running over composite or S-video?). This was in screen 4.

This is just the perfectionist in me talking though, I have no idea what was actually going on up in the projection room. It was still an immensely enjoyable evening.

Amon81
SFL New User

Post by Amon81 » Thu May 06, 2010 7:48 pm

I went to the Japanese Night 2010.

It was my first all-nighter and it was great!

I'll be coming back down to London next time, I just wish I'd heard about these 8 years ago!

If it wasn't for the heavy rain my trip down to london would of been perfect. As for the venue: Nice staff, comfortable seats (a must), quality screen. Nice little goddie bag.

I've reccomended it to all my friends who would be interested in this sort of event.

Shinji Ikari
SFL Pro

Post by Shinji Ikari » Sat May 08, 2010 5:43 pm

Personaly best one of the night had to be RED LINE followed by Blade Works the documentry was a little heavy especily at that time of night people were snoring thogh it probbly wouldent have been so bad if it was dubed but the asistant in it was funny