anime all nighter

Give your thoughts, suggetions and stories
jettri
SFL New User

anime all nighter

Post by jettri » Mon May 01, 2006 10:59 am

that was such an awesome experience....we've never done anything like it before! We all enjoyed it and made some cool new friends. The touches such as the red bull and ice cream and stuff was brilliant. The people in cosplay were very good (my fave was reno) The cinema was really good too - I dont think I've ever been anywhere so posh! The staff were all friendly and funny, the Anime wall was awesome - I cant believe what some people managed to do in a few minutes :~

It was out of this world to see the films on the big screen (especially advent children) I'm sooo glad it wasnt dubbed!

My only rant is with the guy who presented it (cant remember his name but had a black shirt with sequins on) After being told it was non allocated seating he came up to us and told us to get out of his seats, we didnt as it was non allocated and the cinema was already full. I dont know where he expected us to go to, perhaps he didn care, as he said he was more important than us! he was very aggressive and upset me a bit and put me on edge through the first film. Thats the only thing that would put me off coming back.

Shinji Ikari
SFL Pro

anime all nighter

Post by Shinji Ikari » Mon May 01, 2006 12:16 pm

If that was the frount row then they was reserved they had papers on them nbefor they sat down and that perticuler chap was the boss of ADV UK :D

siccoyote
SFL Member

anime all nighter

Post by siccoyote » Mon May 01, 2006 12:22 pm

Who reserves a front row seat? I mean honestly. ;)

More important? How much did he pay for his seat? :)

Shinji Ikari
SFL Pro

anime all nighter

Post by Shinji Ikari » Mon May 01, 2006 12:30 pm

The actral frount row seats was for all the gests and did have reserved seat lables on them

alexinchains
SFL New User

anime all nighter

Post by alexinchains » Mon May 01, 2006 12:56 pm

i enjoyed the anime all nighter it was the most fun i've had in ages and everyone was so damn freindly not really used to that lol :)

jettri
SFL New User

anime all nighter

Post by jettri » Mon May 01, 2006 2:25 pm

we were in the 4th row back!

Shinji Ikari
SFL Pro

anime all nighter

Post by Shinji Ikari » Mon May 01, 2006 3:01 pm

well it seems everyone has enjoyed the whole exserince so far :)

Admin
Site Admin

anime all nighter

Post by Admin » Mon May 01, 2006 3:03 pm

Hi

I will apologise on his behalf if he was rude - unnecessary, and certainly not more important than anyone. Everyone at our festival is equal - except me (Louis) 'cos I run it :)

Next year we will try a different system - having unallocated is easier to manage from the box office view. Maybe we will introduce allocation for the all-nighters.

Thanks for the feedback
Louis

Cobaltkun
SFL New User

anime all nighter

Post by Cobaltkun » Mon May 01, 2006 3:59 pm

The seats were unallocated? Dang.
I was sitting in the back corner. Seats were awesome, but it would have been great to be in the middle.
With AC, although I was a little disappointed that it was Japanese(mainly because I have seen it in Jap), I wasn't going to ruin it for anyone else, and put through it. It was good to read the official subtitles though!

Hearing an english Tifa saying 'Dilly Dally, Shilly Shally' is odd, by the way!

Anyone else feel that the last film kinda dragged on a little? And also a few people left after AC! :P

Shinji Ikari
SFL Pro

anime all nighter

Post by Shinji Ikari » Mon May 01, 2006 4:27 pm

yes a lot was only there for advent children and I have had a lot of coments that the last film should have been dubed as people was too tied by then to read the subs thogh they all liked the un alocated seating as this ment groups could sit together only the cinima when buying them gave people the wrong impreshion as they said it was alocated seating when it wasent

siccoyote
SFL Member

anime all nighter

Post by siccoyote » Mon May 01, 2006 5:17 pm

If I'm awake enough to see the picture, I'm awake enough to read the subs.

Unfortunatly, I missed about half of the last feature, but was awake for the whole of the short.

funny that at a convention called "Sci-Fi" there was a 'Bad Movies" allnighter, an "Anime" allnighter, a "Horror" allnighter, but no Sci-Fi allnighter :)

Maybe people think too much of anything isn't a good thing :)

One thing I would suggest though is maybe something more like (but just a suggestion)
-Announcer
-Short
-Feature
-Announcer
-Short
-Feature
-Announcer
-Short
-Feature

to split up the night a bit, not sure how that would work with Animes though.

Should be unallocated I say, it's like Far and Away, you all race in and stake your claim, best way.
Screen 4 Tickets had seat numbers Screen 5 tickets said GAGA.

Toria
SFL Member

anime all nighter

Post by Toria » Mon May 01, 2006 6:12 pm

It was awesome, i am SO glad i turned up major early to make sure i got good seats.

Next year cosplay for sure... going to go and buy some material to get started as soon as i get paid.

Brought my anime-virgin friend (except for me lending him my akira, and him going on about transformers =p), who now can't wait to come next year.

These: Image in my goodie bag were AWESOME i think i had like 20, but i only have 2 left :'| I NEED MORE. Sci-fi chocolate tastes yummier than regular chocolate. I'm going to save one, to eat next year.
+ Nerv thingy makes me happy =D

My favourite was voices from a distant land, just the right balance of cute romance, and giant robots killing things.

My img won't work :/

Shinji Ikari
SFL Pro

anime all nighter

Post by Shinji Ikari » Mon May 01, 2006 6:58 pm

Images are disabled on this bord I'm sorry to say you have to make it a url

Jack T Ladd
SFL New User

anime all nighter

Post by Jack T Ladd » Mon May 01, 2006 9:47 pm

It was really confusing walking into the screening late due to late/non-attendees and not hearing anything from the helpers about it not being allocated seating and finding the seats you thought were allocated to you weren't...

Sat on the stairs for most of it, cause there wasn't any other way to keep my group of friends together, although I did find that it was cooler and easier to stay awake being there. ;)

Unallocated is fine for low attendance films such as FAQ, but with the sellout allnighters and people's tendancy not to willingly sit next to people they dont know, an evening you thought you'd be spending next to your friends can lead to slight disappointment (I say slight because the allnighter was awesome! :D).

The last film felt a little slow in my opinion to be placed in that position, especially after the explosive action of FFS7.

siccoyote
SFL Member

anime all nighter

Post by siccoyote » Mon May 01, 2006 10:43 pm

Yes possibly it would have been better served as a bumper between Karas and FF7