My First Anime Allnighter CANT WAIT!!!

Give your thoughts, suggetions and stories
Peco
SFL New User

Re: My First Anime Allnighter CANT WAIT!!!

Post by Peco » Mon May 05, 2008 9:42 pm

Jen wrote:The girl who leaped through time was definatly my favorite I love that style of anime and kind of weird things happening to normal people genre, I'm probably going to buy it when i can. I too prefer the traditional style of animation to cgi, but i like to watch it anyway to help me appriciate traditionally drawn anime. And you do see some really good effects that you just can get on cell drawn anime without blowing the budget.
Abe alien was on the news the other day, he's a guy wearing an alien suit from "Aliens" that he made himself, he was going up to sci-fi-london to promote it during the week, I didn't think think he would be at an allnighter! I saw him and a guy dressed as a preditor alien they actually came into the screen before it started, there was a girl a couple of rows infront of me who I think was torou honda from fuits basket, a guy with some large pointy ears but i didnt really see the rest of him. Just before I was leaving I saw a guy dressed as doctor Who. I think it was Shinji, but i was holding up people so i didnt talk to him. I cosplayed as Asuka, but i wasn't to happy with how it came out, i finished making it about 4pm on sat and i didnt have enough material to do what i wanted with it. :(
I had vanilla to, I though it was chocolate, but it's usualy pot luck what you can grab, and there all yummy and helps to cool down, it was a bit hot in there! :oops:
They should definatly have the festivals when you come back, and if the seating is still allocated, quick booking is a must, The first year i went it was come and get it, fortunatly i have a very tall friend who bounded up to the back and we got good seats.
What other anime have you seen/got, and what first got you into anime?

ah right ye i saw that dude, him and predator walked thru wen i was waiting outside.

hmm i didnt really see any cosplay, probbaly coz i didnt know what i was looking for, u got any pics of ur costume? might recognise you then

Mart
SFL New User

Post by Mart » Mon May 05, 2008 9:53 pm

Just chipping in to say the Anime all-nighter was as good as the last one I went to in 06. Damn hot but then at least there's ice cream to keep you cold (although they didn't have 'delicious' flavour even though I asked for it). Appleseed was far better than the first film and the effects were much improved also. Less blocky shadows and more smooth gradients, although I don't think anything will beat the first 5 minutes of the first film... with the insane action and music that fit 'just right'.

Err... anyway, The Girl Who Leapt Through Time was easily my favorite film of the night and I was surprised to find out it was a semi-sequel to a live action film telling the story of her Aunt... guess i'll have to track that down now too. (And i'm slightly embarressed to admit that all day sunday I kept calling it The Girl Who Fell Through Time)

I slept through the first half of Vexille but what I did see was gorgeous to look at and the final action sequence with the tunnel was breath-taking... i'm not usually fond of CG Anime but this was really good.

Oh and heads up to Jen, your costume was good, especially with the kitty :] *stroke*

See you all next year

Paul Jacques
SFL Member

Post by Paul Jacques » Mon May 05, 2008 11:54 pm

I missed "Girl who..."; loved every minute of Appleseed; Vexille was OK, but the ending was a real downer and they put in an unintentional laugh at the end (limpers chasing); Tekkon Kinkreet script was too arty for my taste, but I did like the anime style. Vanilla was definitely the best flavour :D

Shinji Ikari
SFL Pro

Post by Shinji Ikari » Tue May 06, 2008 2:19 am

Yep that was me thogh I did see you but then you vanished I wanteda nice Pic of your cosplay

Jen
SFL New User

Post by Jen » Wed May 07, 2008 8:25 pm

A picture maybe, but a nice one? I got changed then left, hense the vanishing act, didn't fancy being asuka all the way home, its one thing to look weird at night in london, but 10am in lewisham :? did you see someone with short curly hair and purple stripy socks? that was me also. And you was dressed as doctor who except i was to tired to really apreciate it, at that time in the morn. did anyone else you know cosplay?

Peco
SFL New User

Post by Peco » Wed May 07, 2008 8:34 pm

can say i recognised ya, oh well never mind

Shinji Ikari
SFL Pro

Post by Shinji Ikari » Thu May 08, 2008 9:49 pm

lol i walked round london and on trains dressed as the good doc thogh they only peole that realy realised were kids you should see them mum look doctor who ect lol