My First Anime Allnighter CANT WAIT!!!

Give your thoughts, suggetions and stories
Peco
SFL New User

My First Anime Allnighter CANT WAIT!!!

Post by Peco » Mon Apr 21, 2008 2:12 am

Have been trying to go to these for the last 2 years, always forget about it and when i do remember they have sold out. Luckily my friend reminded me about the allnighter this year and we managed to get tickets. We are sitting front row hopefully its not too close but thats all we could get.

Im so excited.

I hope everyone wont mind but im going to bring my camera along and i want to be taking loads of pics, so dont be shy people!!!

What can i expect will i see any cosplay or anything, never been to anything like this before.

Films look amazing, would of liked to of seen evangelion on there, and ive already see tekkonreet but the other films look superb!!!

Cu all there saturday night

Peace

Paul

x

Admin
Site Admin

Re: My First Anime Allnighter CANT WAIT!!!

Post by Admin » Mon Apr 21, 2008 8:01 am

Welcome

We don't have any formal cosplay but you are welecome to play, a few do every year and look great!

Eva - well, if we could have got it would we have screened it - damn producers! :)

Peco
SFL New User

Post by Peco » Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:29 am

ye cool, dont plan to dress in cosplay myself, but would be cool to see some people dressed up so i can take some pics.

Shinji Ikari
SFL Pro

Post by Shinji Ikari » Mon Apr 21, 2008 8:08 pm

Yep I can asure you there will be some there always is just got to see how many appear on the day

Paul Jacques
SFL Member

Post by Paul Jacques » Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:43 pm

This is one of the Cosplayers I snapped from last year, so yes, the Cosplay standard is generally very high

Peco
SFL New User

Post by Peco » Thu Apr 24, 2008 12:05 am

not long to go peeps. Cant wait, i get so excited just thinking about it. Sitting in some lovely plush cinema, watching the finest anime, how many hours it will last of pure pleasure!!!!

Is it ok to bring in a packed lunch??

I duno how the hell im gona stay up all night lol, what time does the allnighter finish?

Oh also how long break we get inbetween films.

Shinji Ikari
SFL Pro

Post by Shinji Ikari » Fri Apr 25, 2008 6:05 pm

Is it ok to bring in a packed lunch?? <- no idera on that one

I duno how the hell im gona stay up all night lol, what time does the allnighter finish? <- 8amish

Oh also how long break we get inbetween films <-10- 20 mins
[/color]

Roosta
SFL Active Member

Post by Roosta » Sun Apr 27, 2008 12:45 am

And if you're taking lots of Pictures, might we point you the way of our nice Flickr group: http://www.flickr.com/groups/sci-fi-london/, to share with everyone?!

(- Some good pictures of Stormtroopers up there right now too, care of Billy/Cowfish!! :D)
"TO THE SPACE GUN!!!"

Peco
SFL New User

Post by Peco » Wed Apr 30, 2008 2:34 pm

ok cool ive got a flickr accountso ill upload them when i get home from it.

Not long to go now YAY!

billy
SFL Member

Post by billy » Thu May 01, 2008 1:23 am

I'm a bit pissed off that I'm going to miss out on shooting the all-nighters as I've seen some pretty good cosplayers as well as some photogenic wild eyed anime (and other fans) wandering into the screens in previous years. Unfortunately I'll be at my gran's 80th birthday, but will try and be by nice on Sunday and early to compliment Paul and Roosta's pictures of everyone looking perky with mine of you all looking like death.

Shinji Ikari
SFL Pro

Post by Shinji Ikari » Thu May 01, 2008 11:36 pm

Thats why im fully loaded to take pics

Peco
SFL New User

Post by Peco » Sat May 03, 2008 9:15 pm

will be leaving soon

whats a good time to be arriving????

also wot the process with tickets? do i just take my card i used to buy the tickets?

Jen
SFL New User

Post by Jen » Mon May 05, 2008 6:41 pm

Hi Peco how did you like your first allnighter? It was my third, Ive been to see individual anime films before but you just dont get the same atmosphere that sci-fi-london has. Did you take a packed lunch in the end? The people in the row in front of me brought a baby? It was the best behaved baby ive ever met and they were real good to keep it quiet, I guess you can bring whatever you like so long as it's not too noisy! Did you see Abe Alien? Ive not seen him before, well on the news, I didnt think he would be at the allnighter though! Do you think you will come again next year? I like to go regardless of whats showing, for the atmosphere and It's the only place that I know has cosplay :D . It would be nice to get more involved with the whole thing, maybe volenteer or spend more time taking in all the things happening before the shows starts, mingle, but I tend to get a wee bit shy.

Peco
SFL New User

Post by Peco » Mon May 05, 2008 7:56 pm

Jen wrote:Hi Peco how did you like your first allnighter? It was my third, Ive been to see individual anime films before but you just dont get the same atmosphere that sci-fi-london has. Did you take a packed lunch in the end? The people in the row in front of me brought a baby? It was the best behaved baby ive ever met and they were real good to keep it quiet, I guess you can bring whatever you like so long as it's not too noisy! Did you see Abe Alien? Ive not seen him before, well on the news, I didnt think he would be at the allnighter though! Do you think you will come again next year? I like to go regardless of whats showing, for the atmosphere and It's the only place that I know has cosplay :D . It would be nice to get more involved with the whole thing, maybe volenteer or spend more time taking in all the things happening before the shows starts, mingle, but I tend to get a wee bit shy.
Was a very good night, never done something like that before so it was very exciting.

Too hard to stay up though, i was drifting in and out of sleep by about 2-3am, and it sucked because i wanted to watch the films.

The girl who leapt through time was such an amazing film, my fav by farrrr. Up there with my fav anime films. Really good film, made my night really, if that hadnt been on i would of been quite disappointed.

Appleseed was ok, but i dont really like the cgi style of anime films like that, i dont mind cgi added to drawing but i cant get into those cgi films. Same went for Vexile, i didnt like that either, too shiny computer bollocks for me.

Tekonreet (or however u spell it :P) was ok, ive got it on dvd so i fell asleep whilst that was showing.

It was just too bloody hard to stay awake, ended up doin some pro plus and it kicked in when i got home. I didnt get to sleep till midday :(

Did take my camera, ive injured my back and carrying that and my equipment was too much for my friend (he kindly carried my bag all the way there and back ^^)

I took a packed lunch with me, mainly fruit and some itilian bread my bro made, i dont eat junk food so i mainly feasted on fruit.

THE ICE CREAM OMG!!!! Best ice cream ive ever tasted EVER, i had the vanilla and it was like sucking on a vanilla pod!!!

Who the hell is Abe Alien??

That will be my last allnighter im afraid, im travelling around Asia for the next 2 years, i wanted to go to one before i left. :)

Didnt see many cosplay there, think i saw 1 person in cosplay, cudnt really tell with a few not sure if that was just wot they were wearing.

I was in the front row and its kinda crap there (my fault as i booked late), later in my life if this is still going ill make sure i book early and get nice seating

What was your fav film??

Jen
SFL New User

Post by Jen » Mon May 05, 2008 8:47 pm

The girl who leaped through time was definatly my favorite I love that style of anime and kind of weird things happening to normal people genre, I'm probably going to buy it when i can. I too prefer the traditional style of animation to cgi, but i like to watch it anyway to help me appriciate traditionally drawn anime. And you do see some really good effects that you just can get on cell drawn anime without blowing the budget.
Abe alien was on the news the other day, he's a guy wearing an alien suit from "Aliens" that he made himself, he was going up to sci-fi-london to promote it during the week, I didn't think think he would be at an allnighter! I saw him and a guy dressed as a preditor alien they actually came into the screen before it started, there was a girl a couple of rows infront of me who I think was torou honda from fuits basket, a guy with some large pointy ears but i didnt really see the rest of him. Just before I was leaving I saw a guy dressed as doctor Who. I think it was Shinji, but i was holding up people so i didnt talk to him. I cosplayed as Asuka, but i wasn't to happy with how it came out, i finished making it about 4pm on sat and i didnt have enough material to do what i wanted with it. :(
I had vanilla to, I though it was chocolate, but it's usualy pot luck what you can grab, and there all yummy and helps to cool down, it was a bit hot in there! :oops:
They should definatly have the festivals when you come back, and if the seating is still allocated, quick booking is a must, The first year i went it was come and get it, fortunatly i have a very tall friend who bounded up to the back and we got good seats.
What other anime have you seen/got, and what first got you into anime?