manga wall+prices+Sky crawlers

Give your thoughts, suggetions and stories
donmurray29
SFL Member

manga wall+prices+Sky crawlers

Post by donmurray29 » Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:58 am

I have gone to the festival since 2001, and the prices go up every time, so £30 for the all nighter is no surprise, the problem is that the Apollo is an expensive cinema, period! Which is why I don't go there, the festival is the only time and most of the good stuff is on after 5pm deadline so I just can't go to what I want too see- 20th century boys pt 2, so that is that. All I can say is pick what you REALLY want to see and have the most FUN out off, as it comes down to enjoying the festival and people, not just the films, I do the anime all nighter as it's fun!

Will someone please do this for the manga wall- go to 99p / poundland stores and buy plain WALLPAPER / use other side of it to draw on if coloured, masking / clear tape- total cost £2! So at least the paper is good to draw on!

You got Ghost in the Shell 2.0 which is Warner bros, and emailed last year about Sky Crawlers, which is also Warner bros, can't you get that to show please.

shazad
SFL Member

Re: manga wall+prices+Sky crawlers

Post by shazad » Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:12 pm

No Sky Crawlers this feastival, but we might be able to get it for Oktoberfest. No Guarantees.

Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin » Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:20 pm

Not a bad suggestion about the mangawall - we will look into paperstock and see what we can find.

SkyCrawlers is with Elle Driver for Europe and as yet they have no deal in the UK. Until they get a UK distributor they will not allow a festival screening of the movie (in case the new buyer wants to do the premiere etc)

FYI, GITS2.0 is Manga - and they are friends of the festival, generally good folk and forward-thinking. They know we get the best and smartest, most vocal audience and that showing their films at the all-nighter is a positive thing for their films. If only others thought the same!

And if you want to see more films - volunteer to work other times, volunteers can get in to any empty seats (mostly)

The Editor
SFL Active Member

Post by The Editor » Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:47 pm

£30 for the all-nighter still sounds good value to me: at least four movies, great goodie bags stuffed with DVDs etc, Red Bull, ice-cream, and the company of like-minded people that you can't put a price on. And as someone said: much cheaper than a hotel for the night.

Shinji Ikari
SFL Pro

Post by Shinji Ikari » Wed Apr 01, 2009 6:13 pm

price is not so bad to be honist it just hits you like a tone of bricks thoght when your ordering a load of tickets then they say the exsact price at the end no one tells you a thing untill you have acherly payed for them

donmurray29
SFL Member

Post by donmurray29 » Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:58 pm

the all night line is fine bar hat panda one, I hought that was put there as an april fools joke, but it's not, would rather somethig else, how about gonzo studio-Blassreiter 3 episodes or, Shangri-La/ Linebarrels of Iron 3 episodes please.

shazad
SFL Member

Post by shazad » Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:07 pm

donmurray29 wrote:the all night line is fine bar hat panda one, I hought that was put there as an april fools joke, but it's not, would rather somethig else, how about gonzo studio-Blassreiter 3 episodes or, Shangri-La/ Linebarrels of Iron 3 episodes please.
What's wrong with Panda! Go Panda!? Not a Miyazaki Fan :)

You can always skip it and stay at the bar till it's over, it's only a short film anyway. :mrgreen:

I like that we're getting a classic Anime in the mix, makes it different/memorable night.

donmurray29
SFL Member

Post by donmurray29 » Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:35 pm

I love miyzaki, but this one just looks odd in the line up. Bugger if I wait in the hall, I'm paying £30 so I have too get my moneys worth, that's the real deal, and that one just doesn't sit right.

the-mental-one
SFL Member

Post by the-mental-one » Thu May 07, 2009 2:00 pm

well judging by this post
donmurray29 wrote:Next bleach movie-diamond dust, still want sky cralwers, stuff from studio 4c would be nice. The all nighter in May, good bar the ps3 not displaying!!! Panda go Panda was brilliant! Those who left before hand missed out on a rip roaring funny cartoon!
You seem to have changed your mind about Pandas :P

Shinji Ikari
SFL Pro

Post by Shinji Ikari » Mon May 11, 2009 11:31 pm

yes indeed never juge an anime by its cover or in this case its Bambo

the-mental-one
SFL Member

Post by the-mental-one » Tue May 12, 2009 10:24 am

I'm writing a review of Panda and my rating is "That's Nice" :wink: