october fest 2009 anime all nighter

Give your thoughts, suggetions and stories
donmurray29
SFL Member

october fest 2009 anime all nighter

Post by donmurray29 » Wed May 06, 2009 6:50 pm

Next bleach movie-diamond dust, still want sky cralwers, stuff from studio 4c would be nice. The all nighter in May, good bar the ps3 not displaying!!! Panda go Panda was brilliant! Those who left before hand missed out on a rip roaring funny cartoon!

Shinji Ikari
SFL Pro

Re: october fest 2009 anime all nighter

Post by Shinji Ikari » Mon May 11, 2009 11:28 pm

its always the way the one that people asumed would be crap was acherly one of the best ones of the night thoghs of you who left realy missed out

Yay burgulers lets invite them to have some Nice Bamboo

donmurray29
SFL Member

october fest 2009 anime all nighter-show these

Post by donmurray29 » Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:22 am

First of, show all films at festival digital please, blue ray or dvd, whatever.

Want to see- Sky Crawlers, Halo Legends anime - Warner Bros America
next Bleach movie Diamond Dust
Ponyo by the Cliff - if the fest is out before general release of this - Studio Ghibli / Optimum Releasing
Macross Frontier movie - it's just out in Japan now- Gainax / Bandai
Evagelion 2.0 you are not alone movie it's just out in Japan now- Gainax / Bandai
Eden is East - first 4 episodes - Production IG

Shinji Ikari
SFL Pro

Post by Shinji Ikari » Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:06 pm

yep i can agree on the two evangalion movies but i got to add Final Fantasy 7 Advent children compleat

This blue ray has got to be the most fantastic blue ray ever reeased not only has it had things such as dirt and battle damage done to the charitors in fights but its a compleatly new redo of the entier story with all the exstra footage put in its like waching a whole new movie and even managing to pull of te efect of 3D with out the specs in places you realy realy realy need to see this blue ray hell I could right a whole review on just how fantastic it was

ArmchairTitan
SFL New User

Post by ArmchairTitan » Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:06 pm

Hello all!

I attended last year's Oktoberfest (Deadspace themed) and had a blast. I ended up loving the Deadspace game and played it to death soon after. I wonder if there will be a themed sponsor this year?

Concerning anime this year I have to agree with some of the above posters. Rebuild of Evangelion would be a truly epic experience, especially if it is possible to obtain 2.0 as well. It seems unlikely, but we can hope. :P

Ponyo would be nice, though any Miyazaki production would be welcome. Bleach/Naruto can definitely be entertaining, but I noticed last year that a lot of people found it hard to follow due to them being heavily based on their respective series'. Nothing we can do about that, though, and it's always nice to have eye candy regardless.

I'd also happily welcome some of the more classic experiences, though I may be speaking exclusively for myself. :P Original Ninja Scroll, Goku Midnight Eye, Akira etc.

Either way, I'm sure it'll be another great night!

Shinji Ikari
SFL Pro

Post by Shinji Ikari » Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:14 pm

The problem with the clasics are they have been run a number of times at the all nighter people will lose intrest if you keep repeating them even thogh Ninja Scroll and Akira are great classics

ArmchairTitan
SFL New User

Post by ArmchairTitan » Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:09 am

Very true, I can imagine it could get a bit tiresome, especially when paying/traveling to see them.

Shinji Ikari
SFL Pro

Post by Shinji Ikari » Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:08 pm

indeed but new and more unseen ones are a good way to go now

penfold
SFL Member

Re: OKTOBERFEST 2009 - anime all nighter

Post by penfold » Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:10 pm

Hi Guys.

Just to let you know, Louis's let me have a peek at the proposed line up for the anime all-nighter and it's very very impressive. There's a couple of movies in there that lots of people have been crying out for as well as a couple that are totally out of left field and are going to just blow you all away. Stay tuned for the official announcements from the big man himself.

Pen'

PS, what did people think of the prize quizzes last time. Did we make the questions too hard? Should we have spread the quizzes out a bit over the night? We've got some more giveaways so we might do it again if the response is good.

Shinji Ikari
SFL Pro

Post by Shinji Ikari » Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:27 pm

I quite likedthe level of dificulty of the questions my self but i think if you spread them out thoghout thew night i might keep people a bit more alert

penfold
SFL Member

Post by penfold » Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:01 am

http://www.sci-fi-london.com/festival/2 ... -anime.php

The line-up for the anime all-nighter is now up on the main site. Evangelion 1.0 and Sky Crawlers are in there which the masses have been crying out for and SFL does aim to please. Coming as a rather exciting surprise is the excellent King of Thorn as well as my personal favourite, Eve no Jikan, AKA Time of Eve. There's also all the other good stuff that you've come to expect such as goody bags packed to the gills and free noms throughout the night. For those that are going to the Expo that weekend I can't think of a better way to top off your evening. Hope to see you all there.

Pen'
Last edited by penfold on Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ArmchairTitan
SFL New User

Post by ArmchairTitan » Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:45 pm

This line-up looks incredible!

I don't know much about King of Thorn but I have heard good things.

The other three I have DEFINITELY been anticipating, though. This will be a night to remember.

The Editor
SFL Active Member

Post by The Editor » Thu Sep 10, 2009 3:45 pm

There is also another film in the line-up that hasn't been confirmed yet as another festival wants it as an exclusive, so I can't even hint at what it is, but it will be a good one. Stay tuned.

shazad
SFL Member

Post by shazad » Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:08 pm

We lost King of Thorn for Oktoberfest. Seems it won't be ready for us.

I thought it might have been the sleeper hit of the night.

donmurray29
SFL Member

Re: october fest 2009 anime all nighter-astro boy

Post by donmurray29 » Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:01 am

the london film festival has this in october saturday £12, f--k that! So there must be a digital print for it, you must get that please, E1 Entertainment check these out
www.licensing.biz/news/3437/E1-brings-back-Astro-Boy
http://www.licensemag.com/licensemag/En ... ail/606774 this one has contact details and screening that has gone already so there is a print of it in the UK for sure!

Astro boy at London Film Festival www.bfi.org.uk/lff/node/346