anime all nighter april-may 2010

Give your thoughts, suggetions and stories
Sighlon
SFL New User

Re: anime all nighter april-may 2010

Post by Sighlon » Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:18 pm

penfold wrote:
Touka wrote:No Evangelion 2.0? What happened to the chances being pretty good? :[
Ha, typical. Post up a big announcement - well ahead of the game I might add - that the big cheeses have snagged us four damn good movies and the first response is a complaint.
oh yes... I too have been loitering waiting to complain :roll:
mostly about the time I have to wait until april 28th ... so there :lol:

blackninja
SFL New User

Post by blackninja » Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:33 am

So, is there any news on when tickets go on sale?

Lineup is good, and ofcourse like everyone else i wanted to see eva 2.0 but ohwell.

I also would have liked to see The Vanishment of Haruhi Suzumiya too but that only just came out Feb 6th in Japan.

Anyway, tickets. Nao.

donmurray29
SFL Member

Post by donmurray29 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:23 pm

there will be some anime at barbican in may as part of animate the world, check the barbican.org.uk website when details come up, but they have anime one every month down there

Shinji Ikari
SFL Pro

Post by Shinji Ikari » Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:46 pm

penfold wrote:Ladies and Gents...............

Sci-Fi-London is proud to bring you, in association with Manga Entertainment UK, the 2010 MANGA all-nighter.

So here it is: the Official 2010 line up.

1. Redline
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclo ... hp?id=6456

2. Musashi
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclo ... p?id=10551

3. Bleach The Movie – The Diamond Dust Rebellion
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclo ... hp?id=8369

4. Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclo ... p?id=10981

Running order very subject to change. More announcements to come so stay glued.
Ok I admit im no fan of bleach but the rest dam fantastic I see alot of you are bumbed out about eva but still look what your geting 3 great titles I dam aprove penfold

penfold
SFL Member

Post by penfold » Sat Apr 03, 2010 6:04 pm

http://www.sci-fi-london.com/news/artic ... mme-online

The official SFL9 programme's out! You can check it out via the link above. The all-nighter details start from page 36 onwards (page 34 in the printed version). Tickets are now available through the Apollo's website.

penfold
SFL Member

Post by penfold » Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:26 pm

The first episode of Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood has now been added to the all-nighter line-up.

http://www.sci-fi-london.com/festival/2 ... ll-nighter

Shinji Ikari
SFL Pro

Post by Shinji Ikari » Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:20 pm

good to here

penfold
SFL Member

Post by penfold » Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:00 pm

Those very nice people over at Manga Entertainment have just given me an extra bag full of goodies to use as prizes on the night so watch out for that at some point during the proceedings.

Also, if anyone's coming in cosplay make sure I've seen your outfit by the end of the second movie and I know who you are and where you're sitting. Be careful though, if today's any indication it's going to be hot over the weekend and the Apollo doesn't have huge amounts of space for costumes or changing.

PLUS: if you get a goodie bag when you're let into the screen and you don't like what's in it or it's got the same contents as your friends or neighbours; don't ask the person handing them out if you can swap it for another one. If there's any left over they'll be shared out later in the night or failing that try asking the people around you if you can do a trade.

donmurray29
SFL Member

Post by donmurray29 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:02 pm

Hooray, at least this time they will be related to anime, I hope, not some live action trash, looking forward to the manga wall

Shinji Ikari
SFL Pro

Post by Shinji Ikari » Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:41 pm

donmurray29 wrote:Hooray, at least this time they will be related to anime, I hope, not some live action trash, looking forward to the manga wall
You better considering I got to put the dam thing up :lol:

Premium
SFL New User

Post by Premium » Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:25 pm

Hello, this may or may not be a silly question depending on the answer, but I'd like to know whether Unlimited Blade Works is going to be subbed/dubbed. Now, I had assumed it would be since it's rather pointless otherwise, but I've also been informed that a previous (unrelated to SFL afaik) premiere of Kara no Kyoukai outside Japan ended up being left untranslated, which was quite bad considering most of the audience couldn't understand japanese.

donmurray29
SFL Member

Post by donmurray29 » Fri May 07, 2010 12:04 pm

Best bet is to check out the MVM series that is on disc right now of Fate Stay Night, quite sure it is both, think Funimation has this in the USA, check there too.

Shinji Ikari
SFL Pro

Post by Shinji Ikari » Sat May 08, 2010 5:39 pm

Premium wrote:Hello, this may or may not be a silly question depending on the answer, but I'd like to know whether Unlimited Blade Works is going to be subbed/dubbed. Now, I had assumed it would be since it's rather pointless otherwise, but I've also been informed that a previous (unrelated to SFL afaik) premiere of Kara no Kyoukai outside Japan ended up being left untranslated, which was quite bad considering most of the audience couldn't understand japanese.
Unlimited Blade Works is going to be dubbed as its still fairly new it may take a while though, its Red Line I want it's not on sale or pre order anywhere in the uk or states and very little is about on it