DIY MST3K

Some robots just can't stop talking, so join in...
Roosta
SFL Active Member

DIY MST3K

Post by Roosta » Tue Mar 28, 2006 4:12 pm

Just had this great idea!:

Bad Movie + Talkaoke = DIY MST3K! :D

Then all you need to do is get drunk enough to play!

But would it work? :?

:)

"TO THE SPACE GUN!!!"

Shinji Ikari
SFL Pro

DIY MST3K

Post by Shinji Ikari » Tue Mar 28, 2006 4:43 pm

No idera probbly but i do recal storrys of gammer and everyone else revoicing it

ELLE

DIY MST3K

Post by ELLE » Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:40 am

brilliant idea and it works Roosta!!!!:D ...
actually happened in my house..and the voiceover was on an old russian black and white movie, with the russian royal family and the ''shaman'' wot was his name?... trouble is that much laughter can damage your health in oh so many ways ..and am laughing now just thinking about it...the voice was done from another room, over the soundtrack on the t.v...so the shock of the words coming out of the actors mouths and so many bearded faces, and that was only the women..... was all too much..
so it was a sort of MST3K..and not even drunk.....
i can recommend it .....better than any medicine for any complaint wotsoever....but too much can ###you up.... :~

Shinji Ikari
SFL Pro

DIY MST3K

Post by Shinji Ikari » Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:47 am

Humm well one I did was that old sanaclaws one you know the one with the shody toys cos the elfs created machines or something quite an old film probbly remember it but the slay used to have loads of sparkles under it when it flew so it got renamed Father Anthrx who spreads anthrax acrost the land and the chimlys of evey house he gos his anthrax to shall go

ELLE

DIY MST3K

Post by ELLE » Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:57 am

so it works then...Roosta you started a mega thread=hilarious memories Thanx :D

do it yourself MST works..even when sober :D

and shinji and his anthrax..
:D

Ollie
SFL Member

DIY MST3K

Post by Ollie » Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:04 pm

I find myself doing it to soaps. Raise laughter from two members of the family, the other I raise anger :p

Shinji Ikari
SFL Pro

DIY MST3K

Post by Shinji Ikari » Thu Mar 30, 2006 1:46 am

dont blame you them soaps are to perdictable and so boring

ELLE

DIY MST3K

Post by ELLE » Thu Mar 30, 2006 11:03 am

p.s i remembered it was rasputin the mad monk and the russian royal family...the best thing was that i was in one room watching this black and white movie...and in the other room was a voiceover fiend,,LOL who made these bearded royal personages (again, i say and that was the women)..sorry
anyway they spoke chav cockney mundane crap...AND it was so funny..it still makes me laugh out loud..like now.. :D :D
and ollie when you raise anger..remember anger is SO cleansing that you are doing them a favour really.. :D

Ollie
SFL Member

DIY MST3K

Post by Ollie » Thu Mar 30, 2006 11:13 am

Hadn't thought about that :D Excellent Excuse, thanks Elle!

ELLE

DIY MST3K

Post by ELLE » Thu Mar 30, 2006 11:34 am

try it to corrie... the one with the glasses , diedre..deidre?..wotever, the one with the whipcord neck and dodgey everything...she just is,.... words fail me.....
corrie is my soap intake and it is prob the campest prog on tellie
fred elliot and his son (the butchers) bliss!!!
trouble is if you watch soaps with someone who loves em, basically your're f####
but you can make a nice little sci fi scenario with corrie, and when it gets tough do it in your head, not under your breath, that way lies madness :~ plus the heavy breathing etc, may also find you murdered,whispering in your own blood...
see sci fi soap voice overs are fun?
or just bloody leave the room?....

Ollie
SFL Member

DIY MST3K

Post by Ollie » Thu Mar 30, 2006 8:51 pm

Corrie tends to be the one I mystie the most. The problem is my riffing slips out, often lamblasting the film Crow style.

ELLE

DIY MST3K

Post by ELLE » Thu Mar 30, 2006 11:02 pm

for my own amusement i tried it to the brothers grimm...(E.E. BBC 1) dont try it it can rot your brain, stay with corrie and perhaps learn how to breathe under water, when a real soap lover tries to drown you, or as i think i mentioned ?..leave the bloody room? just an idea? :~

Shinji Ikari
SFL Pro

DIY MST3K

Post by Shinji Ikari » Fri Mar 31, 2006 8:59 am

going for new films as well now then Elle?

o and did you win that from the contest or am i thinking of anuther DVD?

ELLE

DIY MST3K

Post by ELLE » Fri Mar 31, 2006 11:32 am

wot?...the brothers grimm are the eastenders grim talentless pair of #####
phil and grant...havent watched it for ages and then one magical evening last week i found the gurning grant and the bleery phil lurching across my tv screen AND I HAD TO WATCH like mongoose and snake really.....
dear god...then i left the room myself :~

timberwolf0122
SFL Active Member

DIY MST3K

Post by timberwolf0122 » Fri Mar 31, 2006 8:27 pm

I like to mistie chick-fliks, i have to maintain my sanity.
also the series UFO, space 1999 and the like all lend themself really well to the mst3k format (low budget, try to be serious and have enough silence to puta good comment in).

If I ever get the time I'm tempted to try making an mst3k fan-film... hmm I have un-taken holiday... hmmm...