Mystery Science Theater 3000

Some robots just can't stop talking, so join in...
Ollie
SFL Member

Post by Ollie » Thu Mar 30, 2006 8:59 pm

Just saw this
KEVIN TO VISIT LONDON - CANCELED!
Kevin Murphy's scheduled appearance at this year's SCI-FI-LONDON, The London International Festival of Science Fiction and Fantastic Film, has been canceled. Original plans were to have Kevin give a presentation, followed by an all-night showing of MST3K episodes. The all-night showing will go on, however, the festival's organizers promise a different treat for show attendees...a World Exclusive from director David Giancola - "The Making of TIME CHASERS!"

The festival will be held April 26-30 at the Apollo West End, 19 Regent Street. For more information, visit http://www.sci-fi-london.com

Shinji Ikari
SFL Pro

Post by Shinji Ikari » Thu Mar 30, 2006 9:09 pm

Thats a shame thanks for bringing it up thogh

ELLE

Post by ELLE » Thu Mar 30, 2006 11:39 pm

ta for the quote ollie so we'll have giancola?...and we are MST @ talkeoke then?...wait for louis/admin to say wots occurring?. we still have an allnighter of the stuff :D

Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin » Fri Mar 31, 2006 9:34 am

To answer the Q's

Unfortunately we could not get it together to get Kevin over this year, if the all-nighter works well we will aim to do it again next year and get Kevin here for sure!

BTW, we are screening a "making of TIME CHASERS" direct from Edgewood Studios!!! The four movies in the line-up are
PRINCE OF SPACE
SPACE MUTINY
THE BRAIN THAT WOULDN'T DIE and
TIME CHASERS !!!

We have some goodies from the nice folk at RHINO to giveaway to some lucky people...

Movie siiiiiggggn

Shinji Ikari
SFL Pro

Post by Shinji Ikari » Fri Mar 31, 2006 10:15 am

Sounds Cool for all them seeing it :D

ELLE

Post by ELLE » Fri Mar 31, 2006 11:27 am

Originally posted by Shinji Ikari

as ever shinji san to the point...love it...
sounds cool for all them seeing it, me i'm seeing anime....so whatever....
shinji you rock ;)

Roosta
SFL Active Member

Post by Roosta » Fri Mar 31, 2006 5:38 pm

I'll be there anyway - perhaps carrying a big butterfly net, to catch goodies in!

Seem to remember hearing that "The Brain That Wouldn't Die" is great! Cant wait!

:D
"TO THE SPACE GUN!!!"

timberwolf0122
SFL Active Member

Post by timberwolf0122 » Fri Mar 31, 2006 8:35 pm

SPACE MUTINY!!!!! Yes! Go Big McLarge Huge, Capt. Santa and his grandma daughter!!!

I've not seen the brain that would not die, hope it's as good as "The Increadabl Strange Creatures That Died and Became Mixed-up Zombies", what night is the MST3K all nighter?

In the not to distant future.
You can't stop the signal.

Shinji Ikari
SFL Pro

Post by Shinji Ikari » Fri Mar 31, 2006 8:54 pm

Originally posted by Shinji Ikari

Originally posted by ELLE

as ever shinji san to the point...love it...
sounds cool for all them seeing it, me i'm seeing anime....so whatever....
shinji you rock ;)
Why thankyou verry much you do to infact you all do

#)

Ollie
SFL Member

Post by Ollie » Fri Mar 31, 2006 9:36 pm

Originally posted by Admin

To answer the Q's

Unfortunately we could not get it together to get Kevin over this year, if the all-nighter works well we will aim to do it again next year and get Kevin here for sure!

BTW, we are screening a "making of TIME CHASERS" direct from Edgewood Studios!!! The four movies in the line-up are
PRINCE OF SPACE
SPACE MUTINY
THE BRAIN THAT WOULDN'T DIE and
TIME CHASERS !!!

We have some goodies from the nice folk at RHINO to giveaway to some lucky people...

Movie siiiiiggggn
Thank you so much! Such a great choice of episodes!!!

TesLa
SFL Member

Post by TesLa » Sat Apr 01, 2006 2:49 pm

Have a look at the news on the home page. There's a 50s serial before it was given the MST3K treatment.

Ghostface
SFL New User

Post by Ghostface » Sat Apr 01, 2006 10:53 pm

Hi all! :) I'm new all this, but was attracted this year by the MST3K all-nighter. I'm looking forward to seeing episodes with so many people! I'm still quite the newb to MST3K, having only seen in full the movie and Space Mutiny (:D).

Anyway, my reason for posting is to ask some questions about the all-nighter and give some information I haven't seen here yet.

The info first:
- The all-nighter starts at 11:45pm in Apollo's Screen 1. I had a look at the seating plan, and it seems to hold approx 100 people.
- A 40-page booklet is available at the Apollo with details of the whole festival.
- Tickets are £22 each.
- I bought 2 tickets there on Saturday as tickets are already on sale! Don't worry though, I bought the first two, there should be around 98 left!

My questions are technical, so feel free to stop reading if you're not a nerd (wait, what forum am I in? ;))
- What order are the episodes being screened in? The booklet lists them as The Brain That Wouldn't Die, Prince of Space, Space Mutiny and Time Chasers, but I see that Admin here has a different order. I would hope to end the night on the excellent Space Mutiny, as I can't see myself staying awake at 6am or later watching a 'Making of' doc!
- How are the episodes being screened? Are they from the DVD's, or something higher quality (I doubt they're on film, but maybe Beta)? Likewise, what kind of projector is being used? I'm a Projectionist at the Odeon Leicester Square, so I have an interest in this kind of thing :)

That's all I can remember for now. Thanks for reading. It's sometimes hard to believe there are other people in the UK who even know what MST3K is, I'm looking forward to seeing some of you there! :)

Ollie
SFL Member

Post by Ollie » Sat Apr 01, 2006 11:06 pm

Hi Ghostface! This is my first year here too but I am a huge MST3K Fan. Just to ask, what is the date for the MST3K allnighter. Many Thanks

Ghostface
SFL New User

Post by Ghostface » Sat Apr 01, 2006 11:19 pm

It starts 11:45pm on Saturday 29th. Hope to also find out when we can expect it to finish, I'm supposed to work on Sunday! :D

Ollie
SFL Member

Post by Ollie » Sat Apr 01, 2006 11:22 pm

By my reckoning about 8:37am
:D