Mystery Science Theater 3000

Some robots just can't stop talking, so join in...
ELLE

Post by ELLE » Wed Nov 09, 2005 11:04 am

who posted about MST earlier in the year?.. cant remember..SARK? was it you?..have you all read the mailout
from sci fi london?.... a MST 3000 allnighter..whoo ooooooooooooooooo

Roosta
SFL Active Member

Post by Roosta » Wed Nov 09, 2005 11:25 am

WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

There, that's better.

I've only ever seen the MST3K movie (due to the fact that the series is never shown on TV, and the DVDs and Videos are all Region 1), but I love this show!

Cant wait for the allnighter!!

Well done Louis and the Crew!

:D :D :D

Watching bad movies will never be the same again!
"TO THE SPACE GUN!!!"

ELLE

Post by ELLE » Wed Nov 09, 2005 11:48 am

altogether sing...''heaven i.m in heaven, and my heart beats so that i can hardly speeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek''..dah dah etc......

MST300 :D makes up for waiting til april 2006 for the next sci fi london fest...
and it will be better not dodging rain and cold in january !@#$
so i am all whooooooooooood up
love allnighters anyway, and MST300 is a bonus .thanx louis et al :)

Sark
SFL Member

Post by Sark » Fri Nov 11, 2005 1:36 pm

Sweet Zombie Jesus! That is best news I have heard in a long time. I imagine it was Roosta who posted about it Elle (he's the big fan of MST 3000, plus judging from his reaction...). But thaks for thinking it might be me :)

Roosta, this is going to be AWESOME! Confide your cycnicism to the pit of the carkoon for one night, let Tom Servo and Crow do the snide comments!

Best all-nighter-ever?

Thank you Louis, thank you :)
"I'm out of it for a little while, everyone gets delusions of grandeur"

Roosta
SFL Active Member

Post by Roosta » Fri Nov 11, 2005 1:55 pm

I've got one word for everyone: INSPIRED

Already counting the days to the festival (its 164 by the way!)!

...though I do think that the allnighter should come with its own, very special, health warning - Danger: May change the way you watch movies - FOREVER!

I wonder what episodes we'll get to see?

And how can I afford to be cynical when Tom Servo's so cute!
:D
"TO THE SPACE GUN!!!"

ELLE

Post by ELLE » Fri Nov 11, 2005 2:46 pm

164 days?..wow that makes waiting easier herumph!(@) does tho..better than months to count to the next festival...
imagine..full of chinese food. ben and jerries and red bull sitting in the dark and LAUGHIN'! WHOOOOOO
sorry..... last whoop :-);)

Hypnotoad
SFL New User

Post by Hypnotoad » Mon Jan 16, 2006 11:49 pm

I can't believe how lucky we are to have a MST3K event actually happening in the UK.

Does anyone know how soon tickets will go on sale? How best to guarantee getting seats? etc.

Roosta
SFL Active Member

Post by Roosta » Tue Jan 17, 2006 9:41 am

Welcome Hypnotoad (All glory to the Hypnotoad! :D)

It truly is great to have a MST3K allnighter this year, and I just hope that enough people know how great this show is/was and come along.

As for the tickets, well I think that they usually go on sale a few weeks before the festival itself, but I guess the best way to keep track of the latest goings on, is to sign up to the newsletter (http://www.sci-fi-london.com/2006web/mailinglist.htm), as well as checking back to the site regularly. Afterall we havent even heard what other goodies are in store yet!
:)
"TO THE SPACE GUN!!!"

Hypnotoad
SFL New User

Post by Hypnotoad » Tue Jan 17, 2006 6:00 pm

Thanks for the info Roosta, much obliged :)

I'm also curious to see how many Brit fans turn out up for the evening. I first discovered the show when they aired Season 8 on the Sc-Fi channel 3 or 4 years back (the excellent "Puma Man" episode). It went off the air pretty soon after that, and aside from the occasional screening of the movie latenight on ITV, MST3K doesn't get much exposure in the UK.

Just to think, a lot of people going might not have ever got the chance to see a Joel episode.

Roosta
SFL Active Member

Post by Roosta » Wed Jan 18, 2006 11:31 am

That would be me then! :)

I'm afraid to say that I've only ever seen the MST3K Movie - I caught it accidentally on late night TV (ITV or Sky Movies I think) and then made sure that I recorded it when it was on again.

I think that this will probably be most peoples exposure to it in the UK, since its only available on Region 1 DVD at the moment.

But as far as I can tell, everyone who sees it, loves it, and hopefully this will encourage people to see more.

But it's almost certainly the case that the show is better known in the US than it is over here! (shame!).
"TO THE SPACE GUN!!!"

Hypnotoad
SFL New User

Post by Hypnotoad » Wed Jan 18, 2006 5:29 pm

Some good news is that the MST3K production company Best Brains have stated they endorse people downloading the show, as long as they don't touch the episodes that are commercially avaliable (anything on the Region 1 dvd sets).

BoBo
SFL New User

Post by BoBo » Thu Feb 02, 2006 5:40 pm

Hi MST3K fans.

I have found this site and forum while looking at Kevin Murphy's site (Tom Servo), then stumbled onto this thread. Does anyone have any information on the 'all-nighter' for MST3K, as in what night (the sci-fi festival goes on from 26th-30th)?

If anyone is interested in some episodes, I have them in .avi format, and are about 692Mb (just about fits onto a CD). Im mostly Apple Mac based and watch them while working (shhh), Im unsure if they work on PC, but if anyone is interested let me know.

Gotta go, Ive got movie sign!!!

ELLE

Post by ELLE » Fri Feb 03, 2006 11:52 am

THANX :D BoBo.. for the info :D
this thread kicks too...(and stumbles) ;)
havnt got any timings etc we are waitng to get them..but watch this thread..MST will be an allnighter as far as i know...
but the fest is from 26th-30th yes

episodes ? yes please prob can be made to fit as it were?...for p.c
how get in touch?..i am in london...

oh and welcome..might get the MST fans hearts beating #)

Roosta
SFL Active Member

Post by Roosta » Fri Feb 03, 2006 1:56 pm

Welcome to The Forum Bobo, and glad to hear that we've got another MST3K fan on here too!

As Elle says we have no real info on timings yet, however if this years festival is anything like the previous years, the Allnighters should run from Saturday night to Sunday morning (29th - 30th) - though I stress that none of this has been confirmed yet!

Oh and any opportunity to see more episodes of MST3K is always greatly appreciated, so give it a go! (I'm a Mac head too so that’s fine!!)
:D
"TO THE SPACE GUN!!!"

BoBo
SFL New User

Post by BoBo » Fri Feb 03, 2006 4:56 pm

Cool Cool Cool

Cheers for the info, much appreciated. I can (and will supply) anyone with my MST episodes, last count, i think i have about 17ish, these aren't the ones on the DVDs btw, but give people a good overview of whats in store. They include the Joel and Mike episodes.

Whats more, im based in London anyway, Covent Garden to be spesickfic!

If you (or anyone) wants info on what i have MSTwise, Im more than willing to giveaway what I have, the more the merrier as I truely believe its well worth sharing! Can I also say, its about BLODDDY time people in the UK realised how funny, clever and unique these episodes are!

Movie Signnnnnnn