Mystery Science Theater 3000

Some robots just can't stop talking, so join in...
ELLE

Post by ELLE » Sun Feb 05, 2006 8:59 pm

thoughts?.#) .perhaps could have a MST3 talk in on talkeoke this year as the big mike is back :D!!!
i believe at sci fi london5
i feel spring is on its way at last..and april is such a good time to be in london?

Roosta
SFL Active Member

Post by Roosta » Mon Feb 06, 2006 2:08 pm

How do you know Talkaoke is back Elle?

I remember this being a great regular feature at festivals past, but don't think it was around last year.

Not that I ever got involved mind - too scared to talk in public!! :~
:)
"TO THE SPACE GUN!!!"

Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin » Mon Feb 06, 2006 8:13 pm

A hem...

Hi Bobo et al.
Whilst avi files on cd are a great use of technology I should remind you all that RHINO.COM have released a lot of MST3k's on DVD. All with the original movie and extras - good value and nice to have the covers etc

We might have a few to giveaway at the festival too.

More news on the line-up etc when we have it.

ELLE

Post by ELLE » Mon Feb 06, 2006 9:20 pm

WHOO OO.....SO NO FISHING.... OFF TO RHINO.COM for MST?...
and i did say i believe about talkeoke..not sure but believe ......
and i will talk to you..roosta.and listen.... TALK is good...and freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :D
the 'public' who ever they are...are US the sci fi people
no ~0 around %)

BoBo
SFL New User

Post by BoBo » Tue Feb 07, 2006 10:19 am

Ooops sorry. Slapped wrists etc.
However, in my defense your honour, I read the legalities on
http://www.mst3kinfo.com/mstfaq/legal.html

and by me offering a viewing of my limited collection, i dont think im breaking any rules. But to keep everything above board and not to upset anyone, the case is closed - just in case - I rest my case!

What no movie signnnnn...

ELLE

Post by ELLE » Tue Feb 07, 2006 11:45 am

offers and slapped wrists..and closed cases..could i make a short out of this? %)
i always wear my best shorts to the SFL festival does that count? ;)
RHINO.COM does have 'stuff' have looked...so MST needs in depth dicussion then @ the festival..after all it is a seering serious subject (@)

Ollie
SFL Member

Post by Ollie » Sat Feb 25, 2006 12:27 am

I'm a huge fan of MST3K an am really looking forward to this evening. I'm glad to find other Misties in the UK and I hope we all give Kevin Murphy a huge welcome!

Shinji Ikari
SFL Pro

Post by Shinji Ikari » Sat Feb 25, 2006 1:57 am

Wow new member welcome to the site please post we need more posters

Ollie
SFL Member

Post by Ollie » Sat Feb 25, 2006 11:00 am

Thanks very much for the welcome. I've seen Sci-Fi-London advertised before but this is the first time I have been. Regarding the tickets, are they for individual events or for the whole fest. Also does the all-nighter mean say 9pm - 9 am or does it mean that they finish at midnight.

Many Thanks! :)

ELLE

Post by ELLE » Sat Feb 25, 2006 11:20 am

hi Ollie...welcome..seem to remember coming out ,no ,stumbling out of the allnighters@9am sunday morning and looking for FOOD and drink despite eating all night from 12midnight to 9a.m ..and at one time sleeping on the floor in my own crumbs..(nothing new there then)..thank god there is a tesco metro next door to the Apollo
friend kicked me to wake me up and said 'keanu just kicked butt, are you alive'?
took a micro fleece blanket each and loved it..
tickets and times spect will be posted soon...and ENJOY ;)

oh and i think the tickets are for individual movies..you can get an idea from the ''history pages'' on the sci-fi-site
:D

Ollie
SFL Member

Post by Ollie » Sat Feb 25, 2006 11:25 am

Thankyou very much! I am really looking forward to this now!

ELLE

Post by ELLE » Sat Feb 25, 2006 11:33 am

the whole thing is good..you see the people who come every year..and GOOD people interesting and nice, i know 'nice' is a stupid word, but they are all into film and sci fi and blood and gore and anime and fantasy and MST , and never a prob, and guess wot, no chavs*shinji san has that down as his favourite word..scf-fi-london is chavless..spect it is a sort of club of all ages and genders and cultures who are into the same thing...film :D

not a convention, but a festival, a celebration of movies...
talkeoke is good, so get your voice in gear;)

BoBo
SFL New User

Post by BoBo » Wed Mar 01, 2006 6:21 pm

Did you say no chavs?! Im definately there! Any idea when tickets are on sale, and if i can get them through credit card, as my butt gets all arsey if it leaves Mr Lazy Boy. Yeah I know I should look at the whole website and check for myself, but with such good friends around me, im sure you guys know the best deal in town. Also, is there a best day to go when the dudes from MST3K are there (please say saturday), as I would like to meet them and shake them by the hand/claw/rubber hand on springs.

Or even better, just bring the whole festival to my living room! Sorry, thats just my lazy ar$e speaking out of turn.

Shinji Ikari
SFL Pro

Post by Shinji Ikari » Wed Mar 01, 2006 10:52 pm

Tickets are ushaly avalible vire phone with your card however as the venue has changed this year so as sooon as I know ill tell you :)

ELLE

Post by ELLE » Thu Mar 02, 2006 10:45 am

BoBo..speak out of turn please do ;) you know it makes sense... and as for a lazy ar$e, so cold i have been sleeping in my own crumbs again....are you signed up for the email news thang? from sc-fi admin?..lets you know wot and where etc..asap for booking and payingand prog...and stick with shinji..he is a man who knows...
certainly no chavs, dont forget that ''sci-fi?''..how many times have you heard ..'you like sci-fi?..oh really..oh..''
so no chavs is a given! :D its a really comfortable atmos, thats the word i was looking instead of nice...
the MST3 guy and appearance will be in the newletter, (or from shinji's lips prb) and dont forget couple masterclass's etc..will be more bril this year too, because it wont be so cold it will be spring :p so there ;)