XMEN.....aaaaaaaaahhhhhh

Talk about the latest happenings in your local movie theatre...
ELLE

XMEN.....aaaaaaaaahhhhhh

Post by ELLE » Fri May 26, 2006 10:54 am

wont say anything about it til.....this is not a spoiler posting but (cept for Vinnie)
XMEN saw it yesterday 25th..seen it? #) mm mm mm..hurry up and see it
%)

The Editor
SFL Active Member

XMEN.....aaaaaaaaahhhhhh

Post by The Editor » Fri May 26, 2006 1:28 pm

Told you it was good. I read one review today that said there was too much emotional stuff and not enough action, the very things that actually make it a better movie. What a twit!

ELLE

XMEN.....aaaaaaaaahhhhhh

Post by ELLE » Fri May 26, 2006 5:53 pm

too much emotional stuff?..wot planet are they on and didnt they see the other films and read the comics...although i will say that the hanging around in midair, looking red and scary also was not in the comics...she was not scary enuff...nuff said.plus the film was too short and and and and and

timberwolf0122
SFL Active Member

XMEN.....aaaaaaaaahhhhhh

Post by timberwolf0122 » Sat May 27, 2006 9:18 am

So I take it is good then.

PS
It's "FLASH! aaaaaaaaahhhhhhh! Savour of the Universe"

ELLE

XMEN.....aaaaaaaaahhhhhh

Post by ELLE » Sat May 27, 2006 1:47 pm

off to see it again...and TW may i say ...'savour of the universe?=tasty? ;) %) :D
and flash?...back to cleaning...

yes EDITOR is right...it is good....Xmen...and soon a spin off with the divine wolfie..... :D

timberwolf0122
SFL Active Member

XMEN.....aaaaaaaaahhhhhh

Post by timberwolf0122 » Sat May 27, 2006 11:09 pm

Curse you god for making me spell this way :@

Anyway I'm guessing (wild and crazy as this may sound) but the devine wolfie you refer to is Wolverien isn't it... not a spin off movie of me and my increadible mutant power of... errr.. stuff like... err shooting magnetic laser beams out my errr nose! yes that soud stick.... :D

spiritquest
SFL Member

XMEN.....aaaaaaaaahhhhhh

Post by spiritquest » Sun May 28, 2006 12:26 am

I am rushing off to see it tomorrow with the GF ! Lookin' forward to it :) !!!

ELLE

XMEN.....aaaaaaaaahhhhhh

Post by ELLE » Sun May 28, 2006 11:14 am

LOLOLOLOL... sorry to the other of course divine wolfie, didnt even think.....laser beams out your nose eh?...
i saw it again and like it even more..good personal story lines...storm has a job to do...
all except for vinnie, although it shows how brave he is to be typecast into a lumbering brainless clot, with a s## suit..but the thing is ..there was a discernable silence..and a soft, very soft intake of breath when wolferine got jiggy, and kit/hair off..not the bouffant hairstyle, but his body hair...coming down in the lift after the movie, we woman spoke of wolfie, and a man said, its alright for you women to fancy a bloke, but if we talked about a women like that we would be in trouble....the reply came from all of us..''.tuff''...(I silently thanked him for his grasp of the english language, and turn of phrase). ;) .
Xmen does kick###

ps ..shouldnt it be 'curse you dog'?

timberwolf0122
SFL Active Member

XMEN.....aaaaaaaaahhhhhh

Post by timberwolf0122 » Sun May 28, 2006 12:04 pm

I agree with bloke in the lift. Women see male strippers and it's a girls night out, a guy goes to a strip bar and he is dubbed a dirty mac wearing serial masturbator.

So X-Men get jiggy... Well I guess it had to be wolverine otherwise it would of been Jon-Luke Piccard in a Thong. ~0 !@#$

ELLE

XMEN.....aaaaaaaaahhhhhh

Post by ELLE » Mon May 29, 2006 12:09 pm

erm..is it that black and white?...anyway...(i am thanking you for your picturesque turn of phrase here %))
and john luc has gravitas.with his [] appeal....i think that would be have to be a mind meld with extras.....so !@#$ not

Xmen3.....loved it..heard so many different ideas about how it should have been different..also that the cgi people are pissed off with the work and final outcome...that it looks like they ran out of money..and there was in fighting on the art/cgi on the movie..
but it is eye candy if taken at face value?...

AND if anyone on the forum had special powers..
what would they be? #)

spiritquest
SFL Member

XMEN.....aaaaaaaaahhhhhh

Post by spiritquest » Mon May 29, 2006 12:51 pm

So I got to see it yesterday .... hmmmmmm

I DID enjoy the film, the action was spectacular really ...

Good to see these concepts, even though a little mish mashed, coming through from the comic books.

I don't think it was 'that' emotional, but I got terribly pi**ed at one scene where the continuity sucked so bad for a hollywood film of this scale .. music was drab compared to the quality of the last two films, and the direction was a bit off (IMHO). I felt a little let down about that, but a good Comic Book Movie none the less, I WILL be buying the DVD for my collection.

Even though I had these bugs about it, the film could well easilyy have turned into a flop comapred to the first two, which it didn't, and is a great movie .. just not as great as X-Men3 *could* have been. I think the script and story worked well, but I felt it was a lot of info compressed as you say ELLE, too short..

hmmm I need to think about my mutations ..:)

timberwolf0122
SFL Active Member

XMEN.....aaaaaaaaahhhhhh

Post by timberwolf0122 » Mon May 29, 2006 7:21 pm

Right I'm going to go see X:3 this week (might see it after my interview on friday, wish me luck).

Okay my mutant powers in full:
Can shoot magnetic laser beams out of nose, laser homes into metal.
Beverage Transmutation - The ability to convert any beverage in to anyother bevearge. IE Tea into Coffee, white wine to red wine, Stella into a substance fit for human consumption.
Flight, a-la neo

ELLE

XMEN.....aaaaaaaaahhhhhh

Post by ELLE » Tue May 30, 2006 12:46 pm

TW best thing is to see it after an occurence, i.e interview.. best of everything for it.... :p

SQ..no it is not as good as it could be..and yes too short..and corners were cut on the cgi..and when you say hollywood movie, the cgi is london and they had bigtime trouble with the 'hollywood' guy overseer..behind the screen politics, But I did like it, perhaps not love it...and the press keep on about the emotional stuff....i think you are right not too emotional?...after all there is more to life even if you live in a comic?#)
when the dvd comes out i think it calls for an XMEN ALLNIGHTER..
wonder what they will do with the wolverine spin off? pleeeeeeese hope they dont mess that up... !@#$
wierd?..love a story wait for the movie and cross fingers...(i remember how i nearly cried in the 'new' hitch hikers movie
and actually went out for a coffee in the middle of it,)

my mutant powers are....just used one...
using only brown powder and hot water i converted them into a beverage UNfit for human consumption :~
it is named cappucino, and is a lie!

BUT THE ONE I WANT?...A MUTANT POWER?....
I WANT TO BE ANGEL.....XMEN 3
and fly like he did, elegant and beautiful, with pure white wings, and soar in the sky
a good power, rescue people and fly them to safety...fly with the birds...oh bliss....
flight and freedom :)

spiritquest
SFL Member

XMEN.....aaaaaaaaahhhhhh

Post by spiritquest » Tue May 30, 2006 2:23 pm

hmmm a MARVEL MOVIE ALLNIGHTER -- that could be good, maybe the cream of the best or even a comic book movie allnighter, seeing some of our favourites, and yes an XMEN triology would be GOOD.

I know how much HULK was slated, but i *really* enjoyed it. Not only was it filmed a totally original way, but the cinematography rocked. Although I haven't seen it for ages now, as I've lent my Box Set out :( alooong time ago ..

I mean there was more emotion wrapped up in segemnts of the last movies than the whole of this film. I think the pace and the direction let down the actors, I actually felt that the characters lacked a certain factor within themselves, which can only be down to how the director works with the actors. I think the best scene was that Patrick Stewart scene at the house ;) - wow.

Yes there were emotional moments, but each one overshadowed by the HUGE event taking place ... which took precedence throughout the movie . . . some great gags though and seeing loads of mutants on the screen is always a joy :D

hmmm what mutant ability would I want .. I actually don't think I'd want to choose a mutation, as I think it selects the person ;)

But Mutant Abilities I think Havoc's abilities are v.cool, and he's got a cool TRON like electronic suit :)

http://www.marveldirectory.com/individuals/h/havok.htm

timberwolf0122
SFL Active Member

XMEN.....aaaaaaaaahhhhhh

Post by timberwolf0122 » Wed May 31, 2006 9:45 am

Hulk was ruined for me by two things.
1) the hulk did not move right, the cg just didn't quite work
2) Bad science. The origins of the hulk did not need to involove starfish and overly complex (plus a bit wrong) gentics, I was quite happy with the idea that an experimental reactor blew up and special gamma rays made him into the hulk.

Bad science is okay provided that the holes are covered by something IE in the core the small issue of heat and presure are resolved by the new material unobtainium that get stronger the more heat/presure is applied. It just works and were not invited to ask why.