The "Cinema Experience"

Talk about the latest happenings in your local movie theatre...
ELLE

The "Cinema Experience"

Post by ELLE » Sun Jun 18, 2006 11:30 am

it is a given that a lot of the so called human race are t## and the mobile phone was invented by a scientist for good? and then used by capitalist t'''ts cashing in on our NEED for toys..the mobile phone is a CON!!!watching people get RSI and the use of the opposable thumb coming back, 1st time since the neantherdal human used the thumb...
i had 3 people sitting on my couch once, f'' texting...i could hear the phone network owners laughing in the ether...
unbelievable or wot???

anyway....thats my diatribe!!..?????????? %) (@) :D ;) #) :)

Shaun F
SFL Active Member

The "Cinema Experience"

Post by Shaun F » Sat Jul 08, 2006 12:22 pm

This is ODEONS response to my mail:

Please firstly accept my apologies for the delay in our response. In regards to your concern, we are not aiming the gallery service towards more family and children rather than paying adults who would use the gallery service. What we are doing is when the gallery is not open, we are maximising the use of the gallery seats with a premium rate ticket so that both adults and children can use the gallery seats, but they do not get the gallery offer of the bar area and complimentary food.

When our full Gallery offer is on we still only cater for over 18's only.

I hope this helps with your query.

Kind Regards

Terence Pannell
Manager
Odeon Cinemas Limited
54 Whitcomb St
London
WC2H 7DN
Great Britain

This is what we wrote

We have noticed that with the changeover to Odeon from the filmworks the quality of films in the Gallery has dropped dramatically. We were regular visitors and often recommended our friends to attend the gallery experience. However it would appear you are now aiming this at familes and children rather than adults who are more likely to pay for the seats and the service. A number of films are not even making the gallery selection. We only ever visit cinemas now that offer a gallery style expetrience and hence have not been customers in a while even though there are films we would like to see.

ELLE

The "Cinema Experience"

Post by ELLE » Sun Jul 09, 2006 12:32 pm

waited for your mail...
can the ''odeon '' not speak english..or is it me?..i dont understand wot they are on about...
are kids allowed upstairs or wot...and as for being denied the comp food?...dont get it?...

I do agree that the odeon are putting ''CHAV'' movies in the gallery....more than filmworks did
praps the intellect of the area is finally recognised?...did i say that?....last in the gallery for the XMEN..cant see going again til the next harry potter.. %)

Shaun F
SFL Active Member

The "Cinema Experience"

Post by Shaun F » Sun Jul 09, 2006 5:21 pm

We just saw Pirates 2 there, loved it, almost felt like it used to but you are right about their response though!!

ELLE

The "Cinema Experience"

Post by ELLE » Tue Aug 29, 2006 12:08 pm

...the odeon/filmworks ..not showing the scanner/PKD in the gallery....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
garfield yes...

have seen it and wanted to see it again...ON A GALLERY SCREEN......with coffee'n stuff

you were right SF..the new odeon sucks......i got there early and i went up to the gallery to wait in the lounge and the bloody 'relief' manager..told me
'not to touch the food'...til the movie time....
looking at the movies shown now in gallery..it is chavchoice....

Shaun F
SFL Active Member

The "Cinema Experience"

Post by Shaun F » Tue Aug 29, 2006 12:11 pm

nuff said!!! :)

ELLE

The "Cinema Experience"

Post by ELLE » Wed Nov 15, 2006 12:26 pm

AND...borat is in the gallery @ greenwich...borat?

The Prestige is downstairs...(good seats but in chav city )

Shaun F
SFL Active Member

The "Cinema Experience"

Post by Shaun F » Wed Nov 15, 2006 2:46 pm

thats says it all really, never doing to gallery again, think we will switch to the apollo

Moss Piglet
SFL Member

The "Cinema Experience"

Post by Moss Piglet » Tue Nov 21, 2006 12:57 pm

I know I'm getting in on this topic a little late but...
If you have Cineworld nearby you can pay £10 a month and see as many movies as you like. It's brilliant. Over the past few months I have noticed that an usher comes in during the film, looks around and leaves - so maybe they are checking that everyone is behaving themsleves (West India Quay). The behaviour of the audience has been pretty there good lately but I always seem to end up sitting next to the jerks who whisper to eachother and eat pistachio nuts (of all things).
I am not a quiet person.