The "Cinema Experience"

Talk about the latest happenings in your local movie theatre...
Shaun F
SFL Active Member

The "Cinema Experience"

Post by Shaun F » Mon Apr 24, 2006 3:45 pm

Sort of reassuring to know its not just limited to us then!!

Shinji Ikari
SFL Pro

The "Cinema Experience"

Post by Shinji Ikari » Mon Apr 24, 2006 4:32 pm

Yer I thoght it was just ares but you kind of cmfirmed that they have done it all round

ELLE

The "Cinema Experience"

Post by ELLE » Tue Apr 25, 2006 11:57 am

Originally posted by Shaun F
We complain if anyone says, does or anything during the movie. it means we get free tickets when you have payed all that cash for the gallery. Although we have not been back in ages due to Odeon buying it and totally screwing it up!!! It is an over 18's area and yet they have not shown an 18 rated movie there since it was taken over, not even a 15, its criminal. They keep putting the pg stuff in there!!! Even V for Vendetta did not get a showing so I have not yet seen that!!
actually you are right..about the pg and movies..the gallery is meant for adults..the odeon are pandering to the pg12..although saying that..most of the them are pg12..i used the gallery always cos it kept out the twats...but now we only have twat movies in the gallery..and i will not go downstairs to where making a noise seems to be a matter of honour
so i too have missed a couple of movies because they were not in the gallery...hey ho home then and play.com

Shaun F
SFL Active Member

The "Cinema Experience"

Post by Shaun F » Wed Apr 26, 2006 1:48 pm

we actually sent a complaint in via the website, urge you do so so too.

timberwolf0122
SFL Active Member

The "Cinema Experience"

Post by timberwolf0122 » Fri Apr 28, 2006 7:18 am

Got to post!
First: The Foreign students in guildfords Odeon who not only had thier phone go off in the cinemar mid-film but also ANSWERED THE CALL! Plus point is I have never seen so much popcorn thrown at one person.

Second: The Gorram kid behind me in Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship who asked a question every 10 minutes for the whole movie. Whats that, whos that, why dont they eat it (the ring that failed to be destroyed by a dwarven battle axe) gah!

Finaly: Cinemar hot dogs.. Seriously just don't they taste entierly of hog anus*.

*Best guess having never tried hog anus.

ELLE

The "Cinema Experience"

Post by ELLE » Fri Apr 28, 2006 11:39 am

Timberwolf0122...having not ingested a whole hogs anus recently i defer to your knowledge on the subject of taste to chew ratio.. %) and cinema hotdogs..(praps they are DOG?)
however...the phone calls in the cinema?..is it possible to get a barrell shaped mobile phone filled with itching powder which when inserted, and here i am thinking of the anus area again..the mobile will explode and fill the said chamber with vile itches..and a recording...''i fell on it, by mistake''
i also am aware that i have probably gone too far this time but hey...who cares :D

i also add a rider...the mobile of course will only be inserted into a cinema chav offenders personal space..and the recording will play when the offender goes to hospital for help...I have gone too far..still dont care

Shaun F
SFL Active Member

The "Cinema Experience"

Post by Shaun F » Fri Apr 28, 2006 3:38 pm

There are cinemas in japan and new your that have EM shielding in the acoustic panels which block mobile signals :)

timberwolf0122
SFL Active Member

The "Cinema Experience"

Post by timberwolf0122 » Sun Apr 30, 2006 10:39 am

em shielding, cool now we can watch films without the anoyance of mobile phones/Nuclear EMP.

ELLE

The "Cinema Experience"

Post by ELLE » Mon May 01, 2006 7:32 pm

sounds good to me..or maybe they should just only have sci fi/vampire/etc fans as audience and no one would f### then?
just a thought..... (@)

timberwolf0122
SFL Active Member

The "Cinema Experience"

Post by timberwolf0122 » Fri May 05, 2006 10:36 pm

f### in a cinema?!?! where the hell do you go to watch films.. more over where can I buy tickets?

ELLE

The "Cinema Experience"

Post by ELLE » Fri May 26, 2006 11:09 am

whilst posting this for Shaun F ,
the Odeon @ greenwich..saw Xmen thurs..it is in gallery..and QUIET
goodish food, got the chocs back after trying to fob us off with boiled sweets...
the sound SOOOOOO good the floor rumbled .....aaaahh:D
does need a BIG screen first time?..going again sun
any way whilst posting, i re- read my last posting and wot was i saying?...wot is f###?..think with the chav element
i just got carried away...think i should get carried away... :~

timberwolf0122
SFL Active Member

The "Cinema Experience"

Post by timberwolf0122 » Wed May 31, 2006 10:01 pm

Don't worry ELLE I still only understand 70% of what you say the other 30% is luck and guess work :D

Shaun F
SFL Active Member

The "Cinema Experience"

Post by Shaun F » Thu Jun 01, 2006 2:20 pm

I finally got a response from Odeon greenwich, I will post it when I stop laughing/crying!!

ELLE

The "Cinema Experience"

Post by ELLE » Thu Jun 01, 2006 8:28 pm

ok then TW 70% is good.. because when i re- read wot i had said, i forgot what i was going on about anyway.....:~ .

shaun f wot response..i know its crap that its the odeon, but where else...if for a big screen and sound you can feel..uptown or bluewater?
chavs or tourists?.. what did they say?

Smythes
SFL New User

The "Cinema Experience"

Post by Smythes » Sat Jun 17, 2006 7:49 pm

You know, I never beleived what my old flat mate said to me of her experience as front of house in a west end theatre 'somewhere in the west end".

...till I was seeing a play (ok, not a film, but the principle is the same if not worse!) at the Almeida and someones phone goes, so you imagine that the person must be cringeing in his boots that he didnt switch his phone off, and wishing for the groudn to swallow him up.

No...

I can see the fellow with teh phone, he gets it out, and ANSWERS it and starts a conversation..it was like eh?

Unbeleivable how some people behave!

~0