The New Hitchikers guide

Talk about the latest happenings in your local movie theatre...
Shinji Ikari
SFL Pro

The New Hitchikers guide

Post by Shinji Ikari » Fri Apr 15, 2005 11:33 am

Just a sugestion but is anyone up for a meet up to wach it?

ELLE

The New Hitchikers guide

Post by ELLE » Fri Apr 15, 2005 11:49 am

great idea Shinji san, but we all live all over the place?.........we go to greenwich filmworks, in the gallery, go posh forthe 'best' movies!!!
but i bet there is people who live near to you, i can see a ruthie t shirt and an ironic roosta? and sark bustin' to talk about fantasy?all at the pics
yes fantasy sark is GOOD ;) lets talk..... :p after all sci fi london is fantastic film too :D

Ruthie
SFL Member
Location: Mostly Bristol, sometimes Devon, sometimes Southampton

The New Hitchikers guide

Post by Ruthie » Fri Apr 15, 2005 11:50 am

Actually Elle, im the same. Me and my friend are counting down the days till it comes out!

Shinji cool idea! Im seeing it the preview in Birmingham, but im sure wed be willing to go somewhere else for the day to meet people and see a kick ass film!!

Sark
SFL Member

The New Hitchikers guide

Post by Sark » Fri Apr 15, 2005 5:56 pm

Well, I shall no doubt be in London when it DOES comes out. It would be cool to meet up somewhere in London. I guess we would have to recognise each other by carrying towels or something!

I think Ruthie is right and I was thinking of the previews. Damnit!

"Does that answer your question?"
"Er...I've forgotten what I asked you now..."
"I'm out of it for a little while, everyone gets delusions of grandeur"

Ruthie
SFL Member

The New Hitchikers guide

Post by Ruthie » Fri Apr 15, 2005 6:47 pm

yeah would be ver cool to meet up!
the tricky bit for me would be getting back from london! Cos it depends what time and stuff.....cos if we meet up for an afternoon/evenning performance then id have to try and book a hotel room to stay over at.

ELLE

The New Hitchikers guide

Post by ELLE » Sat Apr 16, 2005 3:42 pm

confession time %) i bought' the times' today(sat) for the free dvd,but mainly for the interesting write up on H.H. it is a good piece

only a few days to HH will see it at least twice.....preview and then again and prob again
I HAVE MY TOWEL!!! ....
praps sci fi london could show it next fest and all meet up there?

another confession %) a dr who joke (sorry)
imagine it is not doctor who, but dentist who? and a dalek has toothache and has pulled out its own teeth with its sink plunger
and is heard screaming

'''dentist who, i have pain, i extracted eight, extracted eight, extracted eight !

( sorry again (@) ) from the 'now show'

Shinji Ikari
SFL Pro

The New Hitchikers guide

Post by Shinji Ikari » Tue Apr 19, 2005 12:46 am

Well theres nuthing to stop us all meeting in lester square wich is directly below the Curzon SOHO so we all should know were that is :D

Ruthie
SFL Member

The New Hitchikers guide

Post by Ruthie » Tue Apr 19, 2005 11:26 am

well seeing how i got slightly lost trying to find the Curzon SOHO for the all nighters (had to phone Shinji to get directions - yep in silly :? %) )
But don't know if i can now, cos my friend cant really aford going to london to see it.....even though on the megabus its like a £2!!!! if you guys do wanna meet up and see it together im sure i can persuade her lol!!!

Sark
SFL Member

The New Hitchikers guide

Post by Sark » Tue Apr 19, 2005 5:03 pm

I tried to get free preview tickets with the Observer (they had a voucher on sunday) but by the time I got to the box-office on monday they had all gone! Damnit!

So I guess I'll have to see it with everyone else on friday. Like I said, I'll BE in London and am happy to meet up with people.

I saw the full length trailer for HH last night and I have to say it looks pretty damn cool!

"Is there any tea on this spaceship?"

ELLE

The New Hitchikers guide

Post by ELLE » Wed Apr 20, 2005 11:00 am

sark..you said friday..and i stupidly thought it was this friday,only 3 days to go, looked at the site and its next friday the 29th !@#$ !@#$
i have asked some one who has seen the preview to NOT tell me if it was good or not, madness how a movie can get into my life and make me wait
cant meet up, want to sit in utter silence and watch first time (@) you know when you dont want to laugh in case you miss the next line?
but still think by the time next year sci fi festival comes, should be able to get it into the fest?......
and then can be boring and know ALL the lines? how sad am i ? (@)

'''42''' (probably)

:~
ro neve dluoc eb 47..this edit due to large volume of email i received shortly after posting %)

Sark
SFL Member

The New Hitchikers guide

Post by Sark » Wed Apr 20, 2005 5:45 pm

Ooops! Sorry to get your hopes up Elle!

I'm hoping I won't be able to not laugh. British audiences are starting to loosen up nowadays I think. There was a time when nobody laughed in the cinema. But we're getting better.

I hope it turns up at the next fest. Who knows, there may be plans for a sequel by then!

I watched the matrix allnighter knowing the lines. :)

Sark: Social commentator

Ruthie
SFL Member

The New Hitchikers guide

Post by Ruthie » Wed Apr 20, 2005 6:14 pm

Well i've always laughed out loud at the cinema, be and my friends. We always went to showings that were less full so we could be louder lol!!

Yeah i went to the matrix allnighter knowing all the lines and waiting for all the good parts (and there werent any in the third one lol)

Sark
SFL Member

The New Hitchikers guide

Post by Sark » Wed Apr 20, 2005 6:31 pm

Yeah! Laugh out loud at the cinema is what I say! But not too loud, we are British after all....unless it is REALLY funny :)

That is true the last one is sooo awful.

Like Simon Pegg says, "George Lucas took 20 years to ruin his franchise, the Wachowskis did it in three years!"

Damnit Roosta!

Ruthie
SFL Member

The New Hitchikers guide

Post by Ruthie » Wed Apr 20, 2005 11:40 pm

hehe yeah! They really should've stopped at the first matrix film, and i only went to the all-nighter cos i hadn't seen the second two (well not he only reason i went, but the main one lol) They really did ruin the story, it could've been amazing, but it wasnt, same as Star Wars new films! Really hoping the third one will be good!!!

I've never been reserved about being outgoing and outrageous. I've always been a hyper bouncy person, i never agreed with the whole Britishness thing....

Sark
SFL Member

The New Hitchikers guide

Post by Sark » Thu Apr 21, 2005 3:11 pm

I too remain optimistic about the third Star Wars film. After all VADER COMES BACK!!!

Despite its lameness I quite like 'Reloaded' but the last one is just poor really. Anyway, enough ranting.

Rock on.