Anime Weekend at BFI Southbank

Talk about the latest happenings in your local movie theatre...
mynna
SFL New User

Anime Weekend at BFI Southbank

Post by mynna » Fri Apr 04, 2008 5:42 pm

BFI Southbank (formerly the National Film Theatre) in London is planning an Anime Weekend 20-22 June. The programme hasn't been published yet but it is going on sale late April. Films are likely to include 5 Centimetres Per Second, Vexille, Appleseed Ex Machina, Girl Who Leapt through Time and others. There is a special guest being interviewed on the opening night - more info to follow.

shazad
SFL Member

Re: Anime Weekend at BFI Southbank

Post by shazad » Fri Apr 04, 2008 5:47 pm

Sounds good, they'll probably have the schedule up towards the beginning of may.

Look forward to it.

shazad
SFL Member

Post by shazad » Fri May 09, 2008 10:00 pm

The details for the weekend are up now

http://www.bfi.org.uk/whatson/bfi_south ... /anime_now

Most of it was shown at the anime all-nighter, but I'll definatly catch the Girl Who Lept Through Time again.

billy
SFL Member

Post by billy » Sat May 17, 2008 11:11 pm

Annoyingly I was away for the allnighter and will be away yet again (this time for my dad's wedding) for the Saturday of Anime Now. However, I'm going to try and get to see Appleseed and Vexille, as well as maybe Paprika on the big screen, as I saw it on a plane last week and it didn't do it justice.

In case anyone else uses upcoming, there's a page up there now for the event:
http://upcoming.yahoo.com/event/694635/

Roosta
SFL Active Member

Post by Roosta » Mon May 19, 2008 1:15 am

And in case you thought the BFI didn't programme entirely based on SFL, check out the latest news of a Matrix All-Nighter at the IMAX!! - Hey, we did that first!! (well... except the IMAX part anyway!).

http://www.bfi.org.uk/whatson/bfi_imax/ ... ll_nighter
"TO THE SPACE GUN!!!"

billy
SFL Member

Post by billy » Wed May 21, 2008 7:48 am

Hmm...maybe a suggestion for next year - BFI IMAX, the 6th Sci-Fi London screen....

shazad
SFL Member

Post by shazad » Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:38 pm

That was a great weekend.

I saw movies 5 in total, only regretting not seeing Paprika on friday.

Saw Girl who leapt through time, Death Note, Death Note: the Last Name and Tekkon kinkreet on Saturday. With Appleseed on Sunday.

What surprised me on Saturday, was they moved all the screenings from NFT3 to NFT1, which was fantastic. Both Death Note movies were digital projections that looked stunning.

I'd highly recommend watching Death Note, but I'd suggest watching them back to back as it's more of a complete story.

I hope that we'll see more Anime at the NFT next year. Until then, I'll be catching Orgin at the ICA as well as seeing the Girl who leapt through time again at the ICA as well latter this year.