Least scary film baddies?

Talk about the latest happenings in your local movie theatre...
Heebie
SFL Member

Least scary film baddies?

Post by Heebie » Sat Feb 21, 2009 12:51 pm

I just watched The Ruins – it was an okay horror flick, but the “baddies” were effectively flowers (and not even big Triffid-like ones!). I’m sorry, but I just couldn’t get scared over poppies, even if they can impersonate a Nokia.

It made me think back to another horror film, The Breed, where dumb teenagers were being stalked on an island by “highly intelligent” dogs – I couldn’t bring myself to fear a Jack Russell either.

It got me thinking, what are the least convincing/scary enemies that have graced the silver screen?

billy
SFL Member

Re: Least scary film baddies?

Post by billy » Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:47 pm

I saw The Happening last week (deliberately chosen by Graham Linehan for his inaugural Bad Movie Club due to its awfulness) and that might top it for me - I couldn't quite feel intimidated by the wind, especially when Marky Mark was able to run away from it for an entire film.

I would also speak up for the monster in Split Second - a 'great' film that is let down by there actually being a monster, which despite being designed by Stephen Norrington (maybe - he was one of the creature designers on the film and there is only one creature...) is a bit rubbish.

Heebie
SFL Member

Re: Least scary film baddies?

Post by Heebie » Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:48 pm

Yes, I've only just got round to watching the Happening.

I quite liked it, but the bits in the field when they were (effectively) running away from swaying grass was hardly scary.

Split Second - I watched that film when I was a kid. I've forgotten what the monster looked like. I just thought the guns they used at the end were cool.