Oktoberfest Feedback

SCI-FI-LONDON 7 : 30th April - 4th May 2008
shazad
SFL Member

Oktoberfest Feedback

Post by shazad » Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:32 pm

We've now survived the first SFL Oktoberst, did you like it?

Will you come again next year?

Let us know what you thought.

Shinji Ikari
SFL Pro

Re: Oktoberfest Feedback

Post by Shinji Ikari » Wed Oct 08, 2008 6:49 pm

once agine a great festival thoght there was a few growns when some one in the booth changed the Hellsing from English to japanies but otherwise all fantatsic

Cheesebrush
SFL New User

Post by Cheesebrush » Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:16 pm

It was definitely good to have something to fill the gap before the next festival. I even preferered the all night lineups to the main festival in May (mainly as I'd seen all of them already). Ended up choosing the all night anime because a) the zombies one was a bit full and b) anime seems to cope better with video projection (live action just doesn't look that great).

I actually liked all the films shown but Sword of the Stranger was by far the best. I'm moist with excitement waiting for the Blu-Ray release (assuming someone has actually released a decent Blu-ray player for me to buy by then)! Will also pick up Strait Jacket too as, even though it seemd a bit slow paced in places for an all-nighter, I really liked the story and ideas it had. As a marketing exercise to get me to buy DVDs the festival definitely worked. I even bought a copy of the Yokai Monsters book as found on the flyer in the goody bag!

One suggestion for a future all nighter would be a "best of the fest" kind of affair, showing the best films from the all-nighters. For example I would really liked to have seen Tokyo Zombie and Chanbara Beauty but it meant choosing between the zombie or anime all nighters.
For all your cheesebrushing needs: http://www.cheesebrush.com

Sark
SFL Member

Post by Sark » Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:34 am

Really enjoyed the oktoberfest. Thank you!
"I'm out of it for a little while, everyone gets delusions of grandeur"