New to this and wanted to know a few things--

SCI-FI-LONDON 7 : 30th April - 4th May 2008
zebredy
SFL New User

New to this and wanted to know a few things--

Post by zebredy » Thu Mar 06, 2008 9:39 am

Hi there my name is zebredy, I have never been to the SCI-FI-LONDON Film Festival and wanted to ask a few question before I commit to buying any tickets..

I thought this might be the best place to ask my questions as other newbies wanting to know similar things could easily find the answers they were looking for?

- When do tickets go on sale? I was wondering when tickets for the festival go on sale, I couldn't find a schedule of what was showing so assumed that tickets were not on sale yet, please correct me if wrong.

- Whats it like. I have never been before (as I am sure others havn't) and was wondering what I could expect when there, I basically wanted to know what people, who have been before, made of it all and why some of you keep coming back each year.

Thats it for now, but I am sure once I have posted this, I will think of more questions. Thanks in advance to anyone who takes the time too read and reply to this message. zeb

shazad
SFL Member

Re: New to this and wanted to know a few things--

Post by shazad » Thu Mar 06, 2008 11:03 am

- When do tickets go Sale?

Tickets should be avilable towards the end of March, by this time the programme will be finalised and be on the site.

- What's it like?

My first time at the festival was in 2006, I went to the Anime All-nighter and saw Survive Style 5+. The All-nighter was the highlight of the year from me, really enjoyed the experience.

The venue is really comfortable, and all the volunteers make you feel welcomed.

The atmosphere in general, is really exciting. And I'm looking forward to this year, should be great.

The Editor
SFL Active Member

Post by The Editor » Thu Mar 06, 2008 9:10 pm

Talking with visiting filmmakers over the years and the general consensus is this is one of the friendliest film festivals around, of any genre. We always have loads of goodies to give away. The pub quiz is always great fun. And the films are guaranteed to be weird, wonderful, thought-provoking and fun. Just come down and see for yourself. We don't bite, except for... oops nearly gave the secret.

elle
SFL Active Member

Post by elle » Fri Mar 21, 2008 1:40 pm

What is it like?....the Sci Fi London fest....?? :D and 8)

its great....have a read of forum postings on how to survive the all nighters....in fact the forum will give you an idea of the friendliness of it all....
'no one bites'....children of the night, but thats only the movies :wink:

oh and the Apollo has THE best loos in the world....
that must be a deal clincher :roll: