Apollo's Shorts

SCI-FI-LONDON 7 : 30th April - 4th May 2008
hoshino
SFL New User

Apollo's Shorts

Post by hoshino » Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:50 pm

And I don't mean that in a "Great Odin's Beard!" exclamitory sort of way, but as a subject covering two areas;

I went to the first festival at the wonderful Curzon (my first all-nighter - awesome! Can anyone tell me where I can get a copy of Electric Dragon 80.000 Volts? Loved that film..), and another all-nighter at some random little dodgy, stinky, cinema with the first manga wall I think.

I've not been to the Apollo and I want to know if there's a cafe you can just hang around in and watch the short films on random screens dotted around the place, like I seem to remember happening back in the Curzon. I have my brother staying with me that weekend, and it would be perfect if we could just laze around in a cafe area watchin random sci-fi awesomeness :)

Secondly, and relatedly, what - if any - short films are showing this year? Or is it just the 48 hour film challenge?

There's not a lot of info on the venue on the festival website, which would been handy I think.

Thanks!

shazad
SFL Member

Re: Apollo's Shorts

Post by shazad » Tue Apr 15, 2008 1:06 pm

Hi,

the shorts running this year, are listed on the following page

http://sci-fi-london.com/festival/2008/programme/short/

and you can see the rest of the programme here

http://sci-fi-london.com/festival/2008/programme/

The Editor
SFL Active Member

Post by The Editor » Tue Apr 15, 2008 1:17 pm

And there is a very nice bar there too where you can hang and geek out with friendly SFL volunteers, who are always happy to talk on any sci-fi related subject. And don't forget that http://www.sci-fi-london.tv has plenty of shorts as well and will be showing all the 48 Hour Film Challenge entries soon - and there are some really fabulous little movies made that weekend.

See you at the festival

hoshino
SFL New User

Post by hoshino » Tue Apr 15, 2008 4:05 pm

Great! Thanks for the replies; that "/short/" link was the one I was looking for, and I hadn't realised that the 48Hour Challenge was already completed such that the films would actually be playing on Sunday (the link in the programme goes to the "Challenge" page, so I assumed the challenge started on Sunday at 11am... :? )

Man - this festival has come on leaps and bounds since the first one (but I liked the cobbled-together, group-of-mates-with-a-dvd-projector feel of the first one ;))

MacTig
SFL New User

Post by MacTig » Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:25 pm

The Editor says:
geek out with friendly SFL volunteers, who are always happy to talk on any sci-fi related subject.
Mainly true. Unless you end up next to me who'll be more than happy to chat but will fail miserably on any even vaguely sci-fi related subject ;) Just making sure expectations are set accurately... :)