Awesome! [thanks everyone!]

SCI-FI-LONDON 6 : 2nd - 6th May 2007
MacTig
SFL New User

Post by MacTig » Mon May 07, 2007 5:13 pm

Cliched I know, but by jove, that was a fantastic 5 days! Most enjoyable festival so far (and we all know how miserable I've been at the others ;-) ) and so enjoyed working with the volunteers old & new - best moment of the festival is still going to have to be being flanked by 3 fabulous ladies on the front desk on Thurs or Fri. That said, there were heaps of other fabulous moments (although going into a movie and coming out realising I'd really enjoyed it and that maybe I was turning to the dark side...who knows, by next year I may even profess to *liking* sci-fi!) which were only made possible by each & every one of you. So thanks - & here's to picnincing & next year! Wooo!

elle
SFL Active Member

Post by elle » Mon May 07, 2007 5:44 pm

Originally posted by MacTig

Cliched I know, but by jove, that was a fantastic 5 days! Most enjoyable festival so far (and we all know how miserable I've been at the others ;-) ) and so enjoyed working with the volunteers old & new - best moment of the festival is still going to have to be being flanked by 3 fabulous ladies on the front desk on Thurs or Fri. That said, there were heaps of other fabulous moments (although going into a movie and coming out realising I'd really enjoyed it and that maybe I was turning to the dark side...who knows, by next year I may even profess to *liking* sci-fi!) which were only made possible by each & every one of you. So thanks - & here's to picnincing & next year! Wooo!
THANX to all the Apollo staff... and Sci- Fi-London volunteers ((do you feel well and truly wrangled by Shaun? ))
and to Louis and everyone for a brilliant 5days of movies chatting and laughing..
and being scared by films you wouldnt get a chance to see elsewhere?#)

THANK YOU .. :p :D :)
and again......oh the loos at the Apollo...magic!!

The Editor
SFL Active Member

Post by The Editor » Mon May 07, 2007 10:23 pm

What was really nice to hear was the comments from the visiting film directors and guests. Laurens Postma (EXITZ), Christian Viel (RECON 2022) and Paul Hough (ANGEL) all said on separate occassions, without any prompting, that our little Festival was the best, most fun, most laid back Festival they had ever attended anywhere and they all wanted to come back next year, whether they had a film to show or not. And a lot of that is down to the volunteers making everyone feel welcome, in a totally egalitarian way. Even the "big" guests, Stuart Gordon and John Landis were happy sitting in "the tunnel" chatting to anyone who cared to talk with them. Roll on number 7.

GSK
SFL New User

Post by GSK » Wed May 09, 2007 1:57 am

Woo, my first time and hopefully not my last. Come on, I have to be allowed back as I have super big sign holding skills. Had a brilliant time and still a tad sleepy now so being very sensible and coming to post on here at almost 2am with a 7am start instead of sleeping like everyone else in my house is doing. We watched Four Rooms tonight, it was ace.

I digress. Sci-Fi was super and a good time had by all! Sure, I'm still lamenting the cute punter I was far too professional to go and charm (if you're reading this, nice looking boy, CALL ME) but I'm missing it already and looking forward to 2008. Cool beans. Ha, today I was at the shop and really fancied some jelly beans. I never fancy jelly beans. I wonder why that was?

(When is this picnic?)

Shaun F
SFL Active Member

Post by Shaun F » Thu May 10, 2007 11:50 am

Picnic details going out tonight.

grimly_fiendish
SFL New User

Post by grimly_fiendish » Thu May 10, 2007 12:41 pm

Me and my partner's second time at the festival and we loved it. Thanks to all involved, espesially the staff who fuelled us with tea, coffee and ice cream over the anime all nighter!

Cheers,

Jonathan Baddeley