Festival feedback

SCI-FI-LONDON 6 : 2nd - 6th May 2007
The Editor
SFL Active Member

Festival feedback

Post by The Editor » Thu May 10, 2007 1:14 pm

I know people have been leaving comments in Tigs Awesome posting and other places throughout the Forum but it would be great to have them all in one place. If you went to the Festival tell us what you liked, didn't like and generally stroke our egos. We enjoy putting on the Festival for you but would like to get some feedback.

Roosta
SFL Active Member

Festival feedback

Post by Roosta » Thu May 10, 2007 2:24 pm

Also it might be good to know how people found out about the Festival! :)
"TO THE SPACE GUN!!!"

Shaun F
SFL Active Member

Festival feedback

Post by Shaun F » Thu May 10, 2007 5:11 pm

It was fantastic to end the festival on such a high with such a brill movie. Made you wish it did not have to end despite being up for 36 hours!!

AlexKidd
SFL New User

Festival feedback

Post by AlexKidd » Thu May 10, 2007 5:49 pm

I had such a great time at this years Festival. I think last years move to the Apollo has had such a great effect on the atmosphere of the festival, the Apollo really feels like the home of Sci-Fi London now.

As always the volunteers and Louis really make the weekend, everyone's friendly and helpful, it just creates such an atmosphere of goodwill that you can't fail to enjoy yourself. Louis introductions are always great and really make you feel like your at a Festival, not just watching a film in the regular way. Plus there just seems to be loads of free stuff floating around all the time, Trancers DVDs, free beer, free sweets, just makes it so much fun.

I've always really enjoyed the short films before the main feature, such a great idea, this years ones seems to be particularly good.

Highlight for me had to be the pub quiz, which for the second year running had me reduced to tears of laughter, winning seems so unimportant, just being there is enough.

spiritquest
SFL Member

Festival feedback

Post by spiritquest » Sat May 12, 2007 3:14 pm

A real vibe, another successful Sci-Fi-London experience.

Well done Louis, Shaun, Chris and all the excellent volunteers.

Certainly paid to get my tickets early :) I took some 3D shots, so I'll let you know when they're ready. Shame I had to miss some of my schedule to personal stuff going down. So I finally did an Anime all-nighter, next year MST3K !

28 Weeks evening show on Sun was a great way to end the festival, hopefully we can get something similar next year.

Top Stuff !

ray
SFL Member

Post by ray » Mon May 14, 2007 5:47 pm

i liked da redbulls

Roosta
SFL Active Member

Post by Roosta » Mon May 21, 2007 2:30 pm

For me:

:mrgreen: Pro's: I think it was a really strong festival programme this year, including solid opening and closing night films + the all-nighters + the events and guests. - Oh, and a great front desk too!!

:cry: Con's: Shame there wasnt as many goodies to chuck! Plus, I also think some of the atmosphere was lost downstairs, because of no mini-cine, computers etc, for people to hang around and see/play.