spread the word...

SCI-FI-LONDON 5 : 26th - 30th April 2006
Admin
Site Admin

spread the word...

Post by Admin » Thu Jan 05, 2006 9:30 pm

Hi All in the board.

It is great that the board is active but I would love to see more members talking about more stuff. Also, I want to get word out about the next festival...

anyone got a cool ideas I can steal and claim are my own ;)

Cheers
Louis

Roosta
SFL Active Member

spread the word...

Post by Roosta » Fri Jan 06, 2006 5:54 pm

Yep, totally agree, lets have more talk people! :)

You've probably thought of all of this already, but just off the top of my head, here's some ideas I've had for promoting this years festival:

The Free Stuff:

Recommend the Festival on appropriate forums (empireonline and the SFX forums for example)

E-mail London University Societies - such as Film and Anime Soc's. (I did this last year, but have no real way of knowing how successful it was!)

Issue Press Releases to relevant websites (eg. BBC London), Local Radio (BBC London again) and Newspaper listings guides (like The Guardian Guide etc. + Timeout)

Have a competition/quiz which people can put in blogs/e-mail to friends

Plus there’s always the SFL Newsletter and Forum.

The Expensive Stuff:

Advertise in appropriate magazines like SFX (I think you did this last year?)

Place Postcards and Programmes in Cinemas, Shops and student unions (the usual)

Put posters up at The Apollo cinema plus other Apollo cinemas.

All a bit obvious I'll admit, but if I think of anything else truly spectacular, then I'll be sure to post it up. :D

"TO THE SPACE GUN!!!"

Shinji Ikari
SFL Pro

spread the word...

Post by Shinji Ikari » Mon Jan 09, 2006 6:02 pm

Well when it comes to the anime side of things theres lots i can sugest

Now the Sci-Fi london dose a contest for film shorts now the anime equal to theses shorts is AMV's (Anime Music Videos) theses are made buy taking pices of anime and relating them to a pice of video now an AMV contest always gos down a treat with anime people as well as Cosplay contests (Cosplay = dressing up as an anime or manga caritor) anuther great drawer of anime fans not to menshion things such as DDR and of core are great anime all nighter!

A sugestion also for abig premiare would be Final Fantasy Advent Children as this is going stight to DVD and no were in the country has curently anounced showing it on the big screen

My sugestion for the Anime all nighter was as follows

Start by Adding Final Fantasy 7 Advent Children as no one in the UK has or Will be showing it on a Cinima Screen, Follow it up With Ghost in the Shell 2, Then Proced to the All NEW CGI Appleseed once agin not beein Aired in a uk cinima then to round off Steamboy or Dead leaves i can sugest other combinashion Aslo But that one I think would Sell out right away

Also an anime voie Actor such as for exsample Tiffany Grant or some one who knows there anime stuff like Jonathan Clements which the people can talk to and ask for altographs and such

As for promoting the events if theres a taxt artical about all the goings on i can circulat them round anime forums and anime sites