final promo!!!

SCI-FI-LONDON 5 : 26th - 30th April 2006
Admin
Site Admin

final promo!!!

Post by Admin » Wed Apr 19, 2006 12:14 pm

Hi all on the board...

Well much as it pains me to say this... I want you to visit other forums.

Yes, I ask you, the super users of our site to go out and spread the word loud! We have a new banner and press release. We want as many news and SF sites as you can find linking to us.

Can you go tell your favourites. And keep a tabs on those who do... see if we cant get a competition going!!!

The banner is here http://www.sci-fi-london.com/2006web/155x200banner.gif and all images and press releases on the mediacentre http://www.sci-fi-london.com/media2006
you can cutNpaste news from here as well...

Thanks folks.

--
The UK’s only dedicated science fiction and fantastic film festival reaches primary school age on April 26th, 2006. To mark its fifth birthday, this popular film festival opens in a new London venue with a colourful programme of UK and world premieres, international sci-fi shorts, documentaries, all-nighter screenings, talks and free events. This year’s festival runs April 26th – April 30th, 2006 and takes place at London’s luxurious Apollo West End cinema, 19 Lower Regent Street.

Highlights include:
SURVIVE STYLE 5 (Japan, 2004) UK PREMIERE
First film from Japanese writer-director, Sekiguchi this movie has a rare vitality in its quick-witted edits and story-telling. Five fantastical tales of crime and mayhem intersect in an absurdist comedy starring Sonny Chiba and, er… Vinnie Jones.
--
CSA: CONFEDERATE STATES OF AMERICA (USA, 2005)
Spike Lee presents this provocative piece of satire with, as its central conceit, an imagined, alternative history of America. In this parallel universe, not only did the Confederates win the American Civil War but slavery is widespread and an accepted part of contemporary society. Lured in by plausible scenarios in the clever script, the viewer is left with an uncomfortable feeling that the boundaries between fact and fiction are very blurred.
--
FIRST ON THE MOON (Russia, 2005)
An exquisitely crafted film mixing fact and fantasy to spotlight the contradictions of Stalinist Russia, using the space program as its basis. In the spring of 1938, in the mountains of northern Chile, a flying object falls to earth in flames. Investigation by a film crew reveals that a secret Soviet space program was in place prior to World War II. Scientists and the military colluded, the film would have you believe, to develop a spacecraft 23 years before Yuri Gagarin even set foot in a rocket.
A unique piece of cinema.
--
LOGAN’S RUN (30TH ANNIVERSARY SCREENING)
Within our classic movie thread, we screen the seminal thirty-something angst movie… 30 years on from its release, we are delighted to present Michael Anderson’s stylish tale of a Utopian society’s nasty little secret.

Citizens in the 23rd Century live lives of languid pleasure but to maintain population controls, municipal computer systems decree that no one can live beyond thirty. Those who refuse to accept death become 'Runners' seeking ‘Sanctuary’. An élite force, the Sandmen, has been created to hunt the Runners.
When Logan (Michael York), a Sandman, has his lifeclock prematurely accelerated to 30, he must decide whether or not to run. We couldn’t resist screening this on April 30th…

Shinji Ikari
SFL Pro

final promo!!!

Post by Shinji Ikari » Wed Apr 19, 2006 8:17 pm

No prob but ive alreddy been doing it to all the anime sites :D

thogh one sugch group dint like it the London Expo lot thogh they advertised on here but theres always one

Admin
Site Admin

final promo!!!

Post by Admin » Wed Apr 19, 2006 9:34 pm

what didn't they like?

Shinji Ikari
SFL Pro

final promo!!!

Post by Shinji Ikari » Wed Apr 19, 2006 9:41 pm

it wasent promoting them I think was the problem that and your bating them to the punch with your showings there showing some of the same things but any mention of these events and they deleat it thogh the site its selth is full of anime and sci-Fi fans

Manicj
SFL New User

final promo!!!

Post by Manicj » Thu Apr 20, 2006 1:44 pm

Hi Louis

Went to the media section and the image of the Three Sirens is not available. I would like to get a good image of the front cover of the official programme (with dates, location, website, those kind of basics) that I can print out on my fancy colour printer here at work and stick the posters up in ..er..strategic locations, let's just say that.

Jim

Shinji Ikari
SFL Pro

final promo!!!

Post by Shinji Ikari » Thu Apr 20, 2006 4:55 pm

Hello Jim welcome to the site hope you like it here

siccoyote
SFL Member

final promo!!!

Post by siccoyote » Thu Apr 20, 2006 9:15 pm

Wait a second, hmm
Survive Style 5+ was shown 3 times (should have been 2, but they 'lost' another film, Which I was going to watch) at the Leeds festival last November, Excellent film btw, but not the UK Premiere.

Manicj
SFL New User

final promo!!!

Post by Manicj » Fri Apr 21, 2006 1:09 pm

I have another question - Louis mentioned at the volunteers briefing that one of the promo stunts for SFL was to involve a large robot (guy in a suit) and a couple of Japanese schoolgirls (models, probably not the real thing, unfortunately...) creating a scene someplace in London. Anyone know when and where? Might want to turn up and get some pics (including the robot, not just the (ahem) schoolgirls...)

[I couldn't bring myself to type 'giant robot' above - when I think of giant robots only ones like 'The Iron Giant' or the one from Dr Who come to mind. No matter how clever the suit used in the PR stunt, it likely won't give the appearance of a 100ft colossus somehow... :p ]

Jim

Roosta
SFL Active Member

final promo!!!

Post by Roosta » Fri Apr 21, 2006 1:22 pm

Sssshhhh... don’t mention the robot! :D

I believe that you're describing Tetsujin 28! (what happened to the first 27, I don’t know!).

I assume that this will coincide with the showing of the film at the festival, which is Saturday, and I do also remember Louis saying something about Leicester Square, but more than that, I cant remember. Sorry!
:)
"TO THE SPACE GUN!!!"

Shinji Ikari
SFL Pro

final promo!!!

Post by Shinji Ikari » Fri Apr 21, 2006 7:49 pm

Just for the Record anything Branded Japanese or Schoolgirls its mine First ok

siccoyote
SFL Member

final promo!!!

Post by siccoyote » Sat Apr 22, 2006 6:58 pm

Won't the restraining order they gave you effect it?

Shinji Ikari
SFL Pro

final promo!!!

Post by Shinji Ikari » Sat Apr 22, 2006 8:04 pm

You wish

Shaun F
SFL Active Member

final promo!!!

Post by Shaun F » Mon Apr 24, 2006 12:07 pm

Sorry but I already called first dibs as soon as it was mentioned, well being staff organiser has to have some perks :)

Shinji Ikari
SFL Pro

final promo!!!

Post by Shinji Ikari » Mon Apr 24, 2006 12:13 pm

We will see :D