What other events are planned to go along with the festival?

SCI-FI-LONDON 4 : 2nd - 6th February 2005
w666
SFL New User

Post by w666 » Mon Jan 10, 2005 4:05 am

are there organized events or private parties or both? My rowdy Canadian pals and I are coming to see my movie. After we check out all the other great films we were wondering what the get your drink on situation is like at the festival. Bob from Auto Destruct is coming and he is looking to sing his way into the heart of the local ladies.

thanks and see ya in feb
James Wilkes

Shinji Ikari
SFL Pro

Post by Shinji Ikari » Mon Jan 10, 2005 5:34 pm

Cant help you with the info on the partys but I would like to ask you if you could fill us all in about your film please

w666
SFL New User

Post by w666 » Mon Jan 10, 2005 6:41 pm

Shinji I hope this helps or what I imagine your questions might be

DESCRIBE AUTO DESRTUCT ?
AUTO DESTRUCT is about the dark side of fandom... Sort of like trekkies on crack meets any of Charlie Kaufman's films

WHAT HAVE PEOPLE THOUGHT ABOUT IT SO FAR ?
While my test screenings have gone well with Trekkers but the people who seem to enjoy it the most are fans of the OFFICE or movies like ELECTION or SHAWN OF THE DEAD. People with a good sence of humour about POP CULTURE and what they are into. Th film is quite a dark bordering on a cruel sense of humor and at both of my test screenings here in canada people were crying and at the same time other people were laughing their heads off which I thought was hillarious and completely unexpected and unintended.

HAVE YOU MADE OTHER FILMS, HOW MUCH DID IT COST?
This is my first film, I made it for about 1200 canadian, so about 400 british pounds. It took about a year and a half to shoot and complete. I did everything from shoot, direct, write, edit, special effects and feed the crew lunch. So the film is raw. And I think is the part that is so exciting ANYONE can make a film now. There are no excuses this cost me a months rent that is it. And infact my flight and hotel to come to the festival will be more than the budget of the film.

WHO IS IN IT?
4. A lot of nowbodies and Denise Crosby (Tasha Yarr) of Star Trek fame is in the film as is a olive baboon named gary who plays a very important role in the film

THAT VIDEO IS INSANE?
5. The video ( which cost 50 canadian) has been downloaded a zillion times from various places which has helped in the promotion of AUTO DESTRUCT greatly and led to it being reviewed very positivly in Canada. When it premieres In Canada in march several magazines, newspapers and networks will be profileing it.

WHY DID YOU MAKE THIS
Well I hoped it be fun to do with my freinds and it would serve as a calling card. It is impossible to get money to do anything unless you have done somthing. So it is a catch 22 ... So I hope that sombody will see the potential in the film and give me money to do something else.

CAN I SEE OTHER STUFF YOU HAVE DONE?
Sure here is some stuff I directed for MTV rival FUSE in america you can see the themes emerging ie the breaking down of pop culture and crappy graphics LOL

ASIAN GIRL BAND
http://www.putfile.com/media.php?n=Jame ... l_band_low

THE CRABZ
http://www.putfile.com/media.php?n=Jame ... l_band_low

WARP FACTOR LOVE
www.putfile.com/media.php?n=warpfactorlove

I hope this helps and if you have any other questions just post them
and please come out to the film I promise it is unlike anything played there this year.

Shinji Ikari
SFL Pro

Post by Shinji Ikari » Mon Jan 10, 2005 10:29 pm

Thanks a lot w666 that was verry helpfull disciption and informashion on your film

It also sound quite funny by the way you discribed it :D

Well Im going to check your websites out now I will probbly add some more when I have finished Viewin your links

Many thanks

w666
SFL New User

Post by w666 » Tue Jan 11, 2005 3:24 pm

OH YA SHIJI YOU MIGHT WANT TO CHECK OUT THE FILMS BLOG AS WELL

http://autodestruct.blogspot.com/

see ya in feb

jamie

kick the spike
SFL New User

Post by kick the spike » Tue Feb 01, 2005 11:37 pm

EMMMMM...w666, I need to ask you somthing...do the people in your film know you are describing them as "NOBODY'S" Did you use professional actors? or just friends? cos if I worked on a film for Free and ANYONE described me as "A NOBODY " I would be SOOOOOOOOOOO pissed off with them.

Nuala ~0
PS I saw the trailer and it looks great, sorry I will miss it as I can only make it to London at the weekend. :)