Thankyou

SCI-FI-LONDON 4 : 2nd - 6th February 2005
machine
SFL New User

Thankyou

Post by machine » Mon Feb 07, 2005 3:57 pm

HI, dan here

I'd just like to say thankyou to everyone for all the hard work they did and for helping us out. The filming was great and a few pretty special moments were caught :-) I would have liked to interview the volunteers too so if anyone fancies being on camera let me know, ill still be interviewing people so anytime is fine. It was a looooong night and im still tired but it was fun. Special thanks to louis, shaun and shinji for being shinji, hey what happens to the manga wall by the way? thanks again!

dan

Sark
SFL Member

Thankyou

Post by Sark » Mon Feb 07, 2005 4:58 pm

Had a great time at the Matrix all nighter (though was really tired by the end!). Also got to see some films that would never get a general release. Able Edwards ruled as well!

A big thank you to Sci-Fi-London, I think that was my best festival yet (and yep I have been to all four :p )
"I'm out of it for a little while, everyone gets delusions of grandeur"

kick the spike
SFL New User

Thankyou

Post by kick the spike » Mon Feb 07, 2005 9:38 pm

Hi all, well I never got to make it after all. I can tell it all went well by the chatter on the boards. I reallly was sick as a pig that I missed the shorts screening. If any one is coming over to Ireland for the Dublin Film Fest, let me know and we will have a pint. All the best, Nuala

Ruthie
SFL Member
Location: Mostly Bristol, sometimes Devon, sometimes Southampton

Thankyou

Post by Ruthie » Tue Feb 08, 2005 12:08 pm

I had a great time at the Matrix all-nighter too, and the short films were really good!!!
Well done to everyone involved and worked so hard to make it a great event!

pinkius
SFL New User

Thankyou

Post by pinkius » Tue Feb 08, 2005 4:19 pm

Aye - top class do!

This was my first venture to a sci fi festival, and I was very impressed with the turn out and the overall quality of both the films and the festival as a whole. It'll definitely be in my calendar next year!

Question - any chance of us seeing some of the shorts again (we missed some of them)? What happens to all those anyway - they just disappear into the ether, or do they make it onto an omnibus DVD or something?

will graham
SFL New User

Thankyou

Post by will graham » Tue Feb 08, 2005 7:28 pm

Just wanted to say thanks as well wished I'd could have stayed longer.

Shinji Ikari
SFL Pro

Thankyou

Post by Shinji Ikari » Tue Feb 08, 2005 11:01 pm

Special thanks to louis, shaun and shinji for being shinji, hey what happens to the manga wall by the way? thanks again!

dan
Well thanks for the apreshiashion there dan thogh I think I can safly say thank you, with out you and co there would never have been any filming or chance of a DVD to cover the hole event so thank you verry much

also in the case of the manga wall shaun took it down after the anime allnighter so you would need to ask him were it went from there

ELLE

Thankyou

Post by ELLE » Wed Feb 09, 2005 12:02 pm

THANK YOU to all the volunteers and to the staff @ the Curzon and to the crowd for being soooo friendly and to louis and choice of movies :)
a brilliant festival again....no sleep good movies good crowd junk food sums it up THANK YOU ALL ~0 looking forward to next year
oh and shinji of course :D thanx all :-)

spiritquest
SFL Member

Thankyou

Post by spiritquest » Wed Feb 09, 2005 9:43 pm

Thank you Dan, it was my first sci-fi festival .. I couldn't make it last year, and fate would have it, I had to be in London the day after the festival started this year.
I've never seen the Animatrix on 35mm before :) - the allnighter was great but felt like ~z~ afterwards.

Really looking forward to seeing what you've captured Dan. I loved the whole drop in lounge thing where the shorts were playing .. some amazing work going on there ... I'm trying to get a script together for a sci-fi short of my own ... so the whole festival the people really made me feel amongst friends.

I'm looking forward to next year and getting a ticket for the anime all nighter ...

Well done Curzon crew!

Dan, whats happenning with your footage, how are you getting it out to the people once its cut and ready ?

Shinji Ikari
SFL Pro

Thankyou

Post by Shinji Ikari » Thu Feb 10, 2005 2:10 am

Good for you and the anime all nighter is always my recomendashion

Shaun F
SFL Active Member

Thankyou

Post by Shaun F » Wed Feb 23, 2005 10:52 am

the Manga wall is stored at the moment in sections. I took pictures of the larger images before taking it down. I was awake for 36 hours straight, then 3 hours of sleep then another 15 hours!

Shinji Ikari
SFL Pro

Thankyou

Post by Shinji Ikari » Thu Feb 24, 2005 10:33 am

Thats cool Shaun I got some pics of the wall also I will be puting them up soon