Uber free sci-fi dating and friendship site...

Post links to websites you want to share. got a forum or a fan site you want to promote?
ClarkKent
SFL New User

Post by ClarkKent » Sun Jun 18, 2006 8:21 am

Visit http://thegreatlink.co.uk to find love/romance or friendship/penpals.

It's NONE PROFIT, run by fans for fans and is absolutely free!! You will NEVER be asked for money EVER.

It's only a week old so don't let the fact it's empty put you off, the advert is in the next SFX so it should get going quite quickly.

No adverts, no spam, no catches.

The Editor
SFL Active Member

Post by The Editor » Sun Jun 18, 2006 12:19 pm

Doesn't this site reinforce the general conception that sci-fi fans are a bunch of loners devoid of life or social skills? I mean, forums are great for discussing the finer details of sci-fi shows or concepts raised by them in light of world events, but a dating service? In the interest of research I had a look at the site, after all if this post is going to draw visitors away from our forum it had better be wholesome and above board, and what do I see on the front page? "Mal Reynolds seeking Zoe?" What sort of values is that encouraging? Insinuating that Mal is chasing the wife (or widow, depending on the timeline) of his pilot, when he has unrequited love for inara?

I will leave the post here for the time being, or unless there are any other objections.

ELLE

Post by ELLE » Mon Jun 19, 2006 3:17 pm

Clark Kent.... :~ @@no adverts no spam no catches.....no profit..'' bollox

NO POINT.....SO THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE THEN....
IOBJECT...... and NOW ...

ClarkKent
SFL New User

Post by ClarkKent » Mon Jun 19, 2006 3:25 pm

What? Zoe is Mals partner in crime, absolutey loyal friend to the last bullet. Do we not want that kind of relationship..? If you look at the site closer it isnt all about finding a date, it's about friendship and community.

It happens to be inspired by two friends of mine that have the mutant x-men style ability to repel anyone of the oposite sex, I had the idea of making a free site where people of that nature can go.

You can live in a dream world were everybody is lucky in love and has the skills required to pull but I can't live there with you because it simply isnt reality. Many of us are shy, not confident or even hide our geekness from the girls in case they make fun. Some of us desperatly want to find a partner who will sit and watch sci fi and really enjoy it (not make fun of it like my partner does) and they may not have a social circle that enables them to find such people.

So from my view it is a good idea, if a bit cheesy, and it is harmless and free because it isnt a buisness, it's just an idea taken shape. Besides since when have we and our kind been bothered by what people think?

It isnt a forum for discussing the finer points of sci-fi. Although there is a young virgin forum on there now it isnt for discussing general sci-fi, it's for meeting people in a different format than email, somewhere to invite new friends or love interests. It has nothing to do with the likes of this forum so there is absolutely no need to feel theatened, people won't get "drawn away", it's just a site, like millions of others of sites that may or may not be of use to some of us.

And forgive me for pointing it out but Zoe is a widow, is she not? ;)

ELLE

Post by ELLE » Mon Jun 19, 2006 3:28 pm

OK then clark kent..if you are OVER the net with your silly links to wot is seen as a great cheap way to get laid..
then this is the wrong forum...sci fi people are in the minority because they think..and can get laid thanx ,without your help...specially when what is on offer is naff.......
thank you editor for thinking it thro...i am too angry to write straight or do the usual research...but i have answered an earlier posting of this person who impersonates a sci fi hero...huh...
i have ,as of today boxed up a fragment of kryptonite, ready for forwarding .....

'''never be asked for money ever'''
ooooer there is a free lunch then..... #)

ELLE

Post by ELLE » Mon Jun 19, 2006 3:30 pm

sorry mate...you have given ALL awaY,,,,
''a YOUNG VIRGIN forum on there''
and
''OF THAT NATURE?.....'''

wot planet are you really on..and methinx you do protest too much....
you sound like a dirty ol man........

ClarkKent
SFL New User

Post by ClarkKent » Mon Jun 19, 2006 3:31 pm

Originally posted by ELLE
Clark Kent.... :~ @@no adverts no spam no catches.....no profit..'' bollox

NO POINT.....SO THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE THEN....
IOBJECT...... and NOW ...
Excuse me, it is absolutely free. It is not spam. There are no adverts.

Object all you like, it wont make it any less FREE.

Some people will use it and some will not, but one things for sure, everybody that ever uses it will never ever be asked for or need to part with any money.

But hey, thanks ;)

ClarkKent
SFL New User

Post by ClarkKent » Mon Jun 19, 2006 3:34 pm

sorry mate...you have given ALL awaY,,,,
''a young virgin forum on there''
wot planet are you on..and methinx you do protest too much....
It is a young virgin forum, holy cow how would you like me to put it? New unused bland unedited forum?

Of course the word virgin is purely sexual isnt it.

Whatever.

ELLE

Post by ELLE » Mon Jun 19, 2006 3:37 pm

my last word...

you spammed
you advertised
your catch ..is we had to read your angst
your profit?..me wasting time on your trying to get wotever you need...
FREE? doesnt only mean of monetary value...
object?..i dont object to any one's need, just the ''virginal'' and Yuck infiltration of this forum
i thank you...

ClarkKent
SFL New User

Post by ClarkKent » Mon Jun 19, 2006 3:37 pm

dear dog, you sound like a dirty ol man........
The only person who has mentioned sex is you. How revealing. Do you look for friends or partners just for sex?

Where on the site does it say sex? Hell it doesnt even imply sex.

Never mind.

Leave it or delete it.

%)

ClarkKent
SFL New User

Post by ClarkKent » Mon Jun 19, 2006 3:40 pm

my last word...

you spammed
you advertised
your catch ..is we had to read your angst
your profit?..me wasting time on your trying to get wotever you need...
FREE? doesnt only mean of monetary value...
object?..i dont object to any one's need, just the virginal and uck infitration of this forum
i thank you...
Yeah, that made PERFECT sense.
%)

Point of fact spam is defined as:
To indiscriminately send unsolicited, unwanted, irrelevant, or inappropriate messages, especially commercial advertising in mass quantities. Noun: electronic "junk mail".

As this thread invites people to show their sites...
use this area to post links to websites you want to share. got a forum or a fan site you want to promote? seen some cool new movie site? post it here

So please tell me, how is it spam.....? :?

The Editor
SFL Active Member

Post by The Editor » Mon Jun 19, 2006 5:30 pm

Looks like I opened a can of worms. Mistook it for spaghetti, although there won't be any spam in it, or cheese. Seems there may be enough here.

Maybe you need to change your headline to "Clark seeking Lois" or "Spidey seeking Mary-Jane", cos Mal and Zoe are already firm friends. In fact their band is stronger than marriage or friendship.

So we have one dissenter, but not enough for a quorum.

Shinji Ikari
SFL Pro

Post by Shinji Ikari » Mon Jun 19, 2006 10:03 pm

Do you do Cyber men or Daleks?

Sorry inside joke

ClarkKent
SFL New User

Post by ClarkKent » Tue Jun 20, 2006 5:37 pm

Originally posted by The Editor
Maybe you need to change your headline to "Clark seeking Loi" or "Spidey seeking Mary-Jane", cos Mal and Zoe are already firm friends. In fact their band is stronger than marriage or friendship.
Exactly though! I wanted to use examples of partnerships that were more about the adventure! Like going to memorabilia at the NEC with your new found friend or partner, that would be ace! For me I have to go with my friends because my partner is a mere mortal and does not understand anything past desperate housewives or coronation street %)
So I picked the Doctor and his soon to be dead via cybermen goofy sidekick Rose along with Mal and Zoe, simply because I couldnt think of any other male/female platonic partnerships that were cool and not old and tired (like X-files)
If anyone can come up with a better idea I am ready to listen....Remember i'm new to this dating palava.
So we have one dissenter, but not enough for a quorum.
A good dose of skeptical cynisism can be very healthy, open and unbridled hostility can be counterproductive.

Shinji Ikari
SFL Pro

Post by Shinji Ikari » Tue Jun 20, 2006 10:34 pm

But im the Doctor :?