Mere Mortals Online Official Launch!

Post links to websites you want to share. got a forum or a fan site you want to promote?
lo-fi
SFL New User

Post by lo-fi » Sun Oct 08, 2006 10:14 pm

Hey friends, consider yourselves invited to visit meremortalsonline.com. This multimedia website offers Mere Mortals, the feature-length science fiction motion picture, in episodic form. Other content includes a pair of comic book mini-stories with artwork by Atlantis Studios, and music from the movie's original score by Carolina Derromediz and Random Cell. Hope to see you there. Enjoy!

Shaun F
SFL Active Member

Post by Shaun F » Wed Oct 11, 2006 3:35 pm

I did take a look at this , sadly when i downloaded the mp4 episoders they all had an error, which leads me to think you need a specific version of quicktime to play it. My psp could not play it either.

lo-fi
SFL New User

Post by lo-fi » Thu Oct 12, 2006 3:06 am

Thanks for the note, Shaun. The downloadable episodes are .zip files of .mp4s which are playable on both PC and Mac using QuickTime. QT can be had for free at apple.com/quicktime. So failing all else, you can enjoy viewing episodes on your desktop or laptop!

Windows Media Player does not currently support .mp4 files. It's unfortunate, as this codec can deliver high-quality video at low data rates.

As for your PSP, feel free to search online for "mp4 psp convert" or something similar. Apps are available that can help you out. (Hopefully there's freeware or shareware out there.) PSP uses one particular flavor of .mp4 natively, but additional conversion may be necessary.

If anyone tries viewing episodes on an iPod, let us know if you're successful. Best regards!

Shaun F
SFL Active Member

Post by Shaun F » Thu Oct 12, 2006 11:58 am

tried viewing it on the pc it errored then too, even using quicktime!! what version of quicktime and codec did you use?

Shaun F
SFL Active Member

Post by Shaun F » Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:00 pm

the specific error says: Couldn't open the file "episode_1.mp4" because an unknown error occurred. The number of the error is -8971

lo-fi
SFL New User

Post by lo-fi » Fri Oct 13, 2006 7:59 am

Thanks for the additional info, Shaun. One person receiving the same error fixed it by re-downloading the current version of QuickTime. Hope this solution works for you; it seems to be the simplest.

Otherwise, you could always try Real. Or take a look at these links:

http://www.moviecodec.com/topics/6244p1.html
http://www.moviecodec.com/topics/10038p1.html

Sorry for any difficulties, but options are available. (BTW, the .mp4 files were compressed using H.264 in Final Cut Pro 4.5.) Let me know if problems persist. Thanks for your efforts!