Robot Rights

Post links to websites you want to share. got a forum or a fan site you want to promote?
Shaun F
SFL Active Member

Robot Rights

Post by Shaun F » Tue Apr 24, 2007 12:36 pm

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/u ... 695546.ece

Whilst the whole robots rights issue currently comes across as a red herring, this article does raise interesting issues about who can be held responsible for the actions of the new range of Autonomous robots! The owner? the user? the manufacturer? The programmer? Who?

Shinji Ikari
SFL Pro

Robot Rights

Post by Shinji Ikari » Tue Apr 24, 2007 8:14 pm

I say the programer

elle
SFL Active Member

Robot Rights

Post by elle » Tue Apr 24, 2007 10:46 pm

robot rights etc...it was on the news on more4 tonite..with talking heads (human)
discussing the future rights of robots...
and it is interesting as to who is culpable..
but what about the robot 'hoovers'' £60 worth of floor cleaning robot..???
another thing..is it a robot without a face?..when does a machine become a robot..
there have been robots making cars for years...does it need a face be 'human' looking and then have rights?
what is a robot?...

i have a 'life' sized robbie..(I.Robot) in my window....those who are aware know it..those who dont think i am nosey !!
#)

Shaun F
SFL Active Member

Robot Rights

Post by Shaun F » Wed Apr 25, 2007 10:30 am

elle
SFL Active Member

Robot Rights

Post by elle » Wed Apr 25, 2007 10:49 am

Originally posted by Shaun F
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/u ... 695546.ece

Whilst the whole robots rights issue currently comes across as a red herring, this article does raise interesting issues about who can be held responsible for the actions of the new range of Autonomous robots! The owner? the user? the manufacturer? The programmer? Who?
this is although a red herring etc ..an interesting topic....
read the article...the matter of border guards, soldiers, old people homes and 'carers' etc..all these jobs are blue collar jobs, where intellect is not seen as necessary, but the ability to take orders is..so will the 'boss/manager'' be a robot or human...
the soldiers/guards will probably be mercenaries or private security firms, like the 25 companies presently carving up Iraq..
the firm Blackwater has ''robotic''human soldier mercenaries who kill to order, but where they have killed on personal motives, they have been disappeared..so perhaps autonomous robots could be treated like that and exterminated...
i have heard the argument that ,like the gun it is not the maker, but the user at fault, but a gun has no circuitry?
there is no effoert made for the gun to act..only the user.....

Shaun F
SFL Active Member

Robot Rights

Post by Shaun F » Wed Apr 25, 2007 11:27 am

Also up until this point the gun needed a user, now the gun can operate on its own.