SCI Fi Videogames

All things on the small screen... TV, DVD, Video games... take your pick
Shaun F
SFL Active Member

SCI Fi Videogames

Post by Shaun F » Thu Sep 16, 2004 4:27 pm

I wonder if I am on my own in enjoy sci fi and fantasy videogames rather than footie viedogames? The likes of Rez, Final Fantasy, Ratchet and Clank, Manhunt and Jak and Daxter just seem so much more appealing with a sci fi theme than a footie game!

ELLE

SCI Fi Videogames

Post by ELLE » Sun Sep 19, 2004 2:19 pm

luckily footie games dont even figure in my world..
is this out of date?..but i played Doom couple weeks ago and was scared 's....less'
kept thinking someone was coming up the stairs, think it was the four speakers on the pc, and am still playing Half Life

Shaun F
SFL Active Member

SCI Fi Videogames

Post by Shaun F » Mon Sep 20, 2004 11:04 am

would that be Doom 3? the new one? I do not have a pc with enough power to play it. Half life on the other hand is an awesome game and I am eagerly awaiting half life 2

ELLE

SCI Fi Videogames

Post by ELLE » Mon Sep 20, 2004 3:13 pm

yeh the doom 3, it is scary and unsettling, or it could be me.....played startrek etc, but love 1/2 life 1+2, love the swearing and shouting
could be me again ! in fact think 1/2 life3 will come with a terretz dictionary (think thats how it is spelt) :D

ELLE

SCI Fi Videogames

Post by ELLE » Mon Sep 20, 2004 3:22 pm

p.s.. just realised the swearing and shouting is me and not in the game..i actually have two 1/2 life games saved where 'they' are waiting outside a door to be shouted at and shot
how sad is that? :D

ELLE

SCI Fi Videogames

Post by ELLE » Mon Sep 20, 2004 3:27 pm

pp.ss the sad thing is that i know 'they' are there, :~
but 'they' dont know i am saving them for a bloody death . so how sad is that?:?

Shaun F
SFL Active Member

SCI Fi Videogames

Post by Shaun F » Tue Sep 21, 2004 10:25 am

a bloodlust is a wonderful thing :) you should come online to play quake3 :)

ELLE

SCI Fi Videogames

Post by ELLE » Mon Sep 27, 2004 12:14 pm

blood lust contained in a pc in a front room? yeah good :~
nevertheless, good that it is contained 'in house' i knew i had a problem when after playing half life first time for 5 days, getting up in the night when i had worked out to get out of trouble, etc.
had a rest from the game and put on t.v (fools and horses) and using the remote control tried to move around the trotters sitting room, so no more non stop playing !
will peak at quake tho.. :D

Shaun F
SFL Active Member

SCI Fi Videogames

Post by Shaun F » Mon Sep 27, 2004 3:22 pm

A friend of mine runs a private q3 server, its down at the mo as the PSU died :)

Shinji Ikari
SFL Pro

SCI Fi Videogames

Post by Shinji Ikari » Tue Sep 28, 2004 6:51 pm

Originally posted by Shaun F
I wonder if I am on my own in enjoy sci fi and fantasy videogames rather than footie viedogames? The likes of Rez, Final Fantasy, Ratchet and Clank, Manhunt and Jak and Daxter just seem so much more appealing with a sci fi theme than a footie game!
I have to say I love them sort of Games But football ones are always a compleat waist of time there is only ever sutle changes in them and in my opinon they are a compleat waist of money

Shaun F
SFL Active Member

SCI Fi Videogames

Post by Shaun F » Wed Sep 29, 2004 11:02 am

maybe my hate of them comes from the fact I actually despise the real game also :)

Now if the field were mined with stun grenades and the balls had a countdown shock timer, THAT would be interesting.

Shinji Ikari
SFL Pro

SCI Fi Videogames

Post by Shinji Ikari » Wed Sep 29, 2004 7:16 pm

Originally posted by Shaun F
maybe my hate of them comes from the fact I actually despise the real game also :)

Now if the field were mined with stun grenades and the balls had a countdown shock timer, THAT would be interesting.
I haveto agree On both acounts it cirtenly might make me wach the game
:D

Shaun F
SFL Active Member

SCI Fi Videogames

Post by Shaun F » Thu Sep 30, 2004 9:10 am

I mean it's not as ultraviolent as say rollerball but it would add some interest to the game and actually give some reason for all that moaning and groaning, but then again I've never been a huge sports fan anyway.

ELLE

SCI Fi Videogames

Post by ELLE » Fri Oct 01, 2004 12:18 pm

sean....SO funny..made me laugh out loud, football is an ok game if thats wot they like , its just how it is nowadays, money and bling and inadequate sex lifes..'the beautiful game?
with blokes really concerned about their hair...
all football games should be played on mars al la 'american astronaut'? remember the piles of 'dust' (buckets of sand thrown in) just ship em into space and when they get too uppity, blast em... :~

Shinji Ikari
SFL Pro

SCI Fi Videogames

Post by Shinji Ikari » Fri Oct 01, 2004 3:15 pm

I can see it now the bloke in the net

Hold on a sec wight till ive done my hair its not right

weres my god dam comb and weres my mirror

ok im reddy now you can kick the ball