All things on the small screen... TV, DVD, Video games... take your pick
Shaun F
SFL Active Member

Flash Gordon to Return

Post by Shaun F » Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:55 pm

Chrisofedf
SFL New User

Post by Chrisofedf » Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:39 am

Yay, tho dosnt appear much like the movie one and more down to earth than the serials, they should make it all cheesy.

CherieDonovan
SFL New User

Re: Flash Gordon to Return

Post by CherieDonovan » Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:02 am

Has anyone else on the Forum seen this, and if so, what did you think of it?
Personally, I am a huge, huge Flash fan, having watched every television series made bar the animated one (which I hope to soon add to my collection), and of course having read many of the comic books and watching the film goodness knows how many times, so I was really excited by the concept of a new adaptation, especially considering how well Sci-Fi US's new rendition of Battlestar Galactica turned out! Anyway, on watching this when it aired on Sci-Fi UK, I have to admit, I was very disappointed... All this "Portal" stuff was very downhearting, and Ming The Merciless was not very merciless - lol. Still, I stuck with it, and, once it got up on its feet and realised what concepts worked and what did not, it really worked for me. Halfway through the series, suddenly Ming becomes more evil, his daughter becomes sexier, the plot becomes more continual, as apposed to just random stand-alone episodes, we see more of the planet and the races of people that we love from the films and serials, and then... It got canceled! Just my luck... Oh, well, it was fun while it lasted. Anyway, I recommend that everyone watches it - and if you are a big Flash fan like myself, keep an open mind, give it time to warm up, and you will be rewarded...
Cherie Donovan, professional comic book writer and budding film maker.
"I am the She-Panther. No man shall tame me; I am free."