New Who

All things on the small screen... TV, DVD, Video games... take your pick
Shinji Ikari
SFL Pro

Re: New Who

Post by Shinji Ikari » Tue Jul 08, 2008 2:50 pm

Acherly i was more pissed off with the lack of anything coming from the supream Dalek it did nuthign atall it was the most pointless dalek ever Dalek Sec could have took that barsted out chewed him up then go sking on what was left

as for the whole hand thign has that ever happened in doctor who befor cos i dont remeber it?

also i think we got are new torchwood cast micky and marther lol

Sark
SFL Member

Post by Sark » Tue Jul 08, 2008 4:46 pm

'Void Stuff' list from Episode 13.

1- Teleporter

2 – Dimension jumper device in the palm of the hand (also it’s ability to measure timelines)

3 - Osterhagen Key

4 – Warp Star

5 – Cellular Matriculation (or whatever it was that duplicated the Doctor into a warrior version of himself and make the Doctor Donna)

6 – Reality bomb

7 – ‘Total plutonic reversal’ (or whatever it was to destroy all daleks).

8 – Medusa Cascade

9 – K9

10 - Time Barrier used in Torchwood

I haven't seen all of Series 4 yet but I look forward to the next series!
"I'm out of it for a little while, everyone gets delusions of grandeur"

Jen
SFL New User

Post by Jen » Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:49 pm

I enjoyed the library episode too, but i felt a bit weird about river sol or what ever her name was, it felt a bit like when you meet a freind of a freind for the first time and realize you dont know as much about your freind as you thought you did. + she meets the doctor when he is older so i knew he would not regenerate properly I though it might be due to the 1 second delay in the medusa cascade. :? , either my tv volume was random or the music and sound effects were way loud cause i couldnt follow what they were saying, so the 2nd part just semed lazy to me, and all the guests stars were shoehorned in. It would have been nice to have given them more time and just drop the poor mans doctor all together. The ending with rose just makes me feel sad because no ones really happy, I supose they cant really have the three of them running around getting into mischief, tis a family show afterall, and that is what torchwood was invented for.
Well the evil was vansquished, no one died, and the doctor is alone. Pretty much post season status quo. It's just a shame there are only going to be a couple of specials next year. :( anyone know who's due to write them?

Roosta
SFL Active Member

Post by Roosta » Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:12 pm

Some of the things that Sark's listed here do infact come from other epidoes, but others are indeed totally new and disposable.

Case in point, and I was thinking about this the other day: what happened to The Shadow Proclamation from the earlier episode?!?

And no, as far as I know, that kind of re-generation has never happened before. But I did enjoy seeing one of the production team on the BBC, saying that fans would enjoy seeing something different, that they hadnt seen before: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7491758.stm. Oh, how wrong you are!
"TO THE SPACE GUN!!!"

Sark
SFL Member

Post by Sark » Thu Jul 10, 2008 4:05 pm

I am sure you are correct Roosta and that some of the things on the list were from other episodes, but even those ones seemed just as disposable...

For example, I get the impression the warp star was something given to Sarah Jane in her own series. Given by a Soothsayer for 'the end of the universe' only for it to be lost and then presumably explode when the Dalek Crucible did. *sigh*

I enjoyed the Library episodes and although some people will disagree I thought that Midnight was a good episode. Very low-fi horror. Admittedly it could have been a lot more, but it was certainly a cut above Space-pigs.

As I understand it there will be several specials, one at Christmas and a couple next year with a new series in 2010. But I could be wrong on that...
"I'm out of it for a little while, everyone gets delusions of grandeur"