New Who

All things on the small screen... TV, DVD, Video games... take your pick
Roosta
SFL Active Member

New Who

Post by Roosta » Fri Jul 06, 2007 2:24 pm

Just thought I'd start a general thread for all things New Who! :?

Latest news seems to be; Agyeman to Torchwood, Catherine Tate as new assistant, and Kylie Minogue in the Christmas Special!!

Personally I dislike Tate, so this seems like a bad move, but what does everyone else think? :?:

And, Ps: Well done to Mr Dillon for the great coverage of last season on the SFL website!! Well done Matt! :D

The Editor
SFL Active Member

Post by The Editor » Sun Jul 08, 2007 8:42 pm

Maybe the Titanic is an omen of where the show is heading.

I thought we might of seen Kate Winslett as the special guest of the Christmas edition as she plummets from Titanic's bow into the TARDIS.

Catherine Tate would be great as the assistant in the guise of Granny. She'd see off Daleks, Cybermen and the lot when they start taking f**kin' liberties.

What with the appearance of Kylie and Cap'n Jack is the show getting camper by the season?

elle
SFL Active Member

Post by elle » Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:38 am

The Editor wrote:Maybe the Titanic is an omen of where the show is heading.

I thought we might of seen Kate Winslett as the special guest of the Christmas edition as she plummets from Titanic's bow into the TARDIS.

Catherine Tate would be great as the assistant in the guise of Granny. She'd see off Daleks, Cybermen and the lot when they start taking f**kin' liberties.

What with the appearance of Kylie and Cap'n Jack is the show getting camper by the season?
enc the quote ed...as it made me laugh and its important..and Roosta also.agree..
although i like Catherine Tate admire her comedy skills..
BUT she is not right for dr who asst..surely too old and funny and cant see her rushin' about being all 'sci fi '? :? :?:
love Kylie for xmas...
Ageyman to torchwood..cool
that hides her!
YES...Dr Who is now as camp as a row of pink tents...thats ok,
seems to go over the heads of 'the children' seems to when i have watched with kids..but gives the grown ups a chance to smirk....
and yes i agree...THANX to M.Dillon :P :D

Shinji Ikari
SFL Pro

Post by Shinji Ikari » Sun Jul 15, 2007 12:34 pm

May I recomend you all do the following

The following petition is to object to the use of Catherine Tate as the new companion on the Doctor Who TV series. This petition is not meant to be used as a way of offending said actress, it is meant as a way of showing the creators of the series that we the FANS will not stand for stunt casting and ways of increasing the viewers we feel will damage the show and the characters that we love.

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/saveourwho/

Roosta
SFL Active Member

Post by Roosta » Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:11 pm

Have a feeling a petition may be in vain, as they're shooting the Christmas Episode right now! :x

On a less depressing note, anyone want to name their Best and Worst episodes of last series?

My votes:
Best: "Human Nature" (- with an honourable mention to "Blink")
Worst: "42" (- though there were others!)

The Editor
SFL Active Member

Post by The Editor » Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:43 pm

Blink was definitely the best. The worst? Don't know.

Why couldn't they make the girl from the Blink episode the new companion. Good actress and interesting character, although not a big name actress or gay icon.

Roosta
SFL Active Member

Post by Roosta » Wed Jul 18, 2007 1:33 pm

More news from the BBC, suggests that the next season of Torchwood will feature guest stars, James Marsters (aka. 'Spike' from Buffy) and Alan Dale (aka. 'Jim' from Neighbours! :shock:).

Now if only they could get some guest writers to work on the scripts too...! :roll:

Chrisofedf
SFL New User

Post by Chrisofedf » Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:37 am

(spoilers): (just in case) I heard Freeman is coming back part of the way thro season 4, i actually prferred her to rose, catherine tate im not really fussed on, now john culshaw on doctor who, that would be funny.

Sark
SFL Member

Post by Sark » Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:36 pm

Best episode was Blink in my opinion.

I assume that the Master is to return in some way what with his demise being not so permanent?

I have to agree with Roosta as well that Katherine Tate is stunt casting that won't help the series and will probably make me more angry with it. Doctor Who is doing well so it should be more bold and fearless. I rather fear that with a comedic actress the show will become more polarised between the comedy and drama that we have complained about before now.

Shinji Ikari
SFL Pro

Post by Shinji Ikari » Thu Nov 22, 2007 7:07 pm

The Last i hered is tennant is going to hand the rains over to the guy who plaes te master how the hell they exspect to do that?

Sark
SFL Member

Re: New Who

Post by Sark » Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:50 pm

Really? Surely that would make even less sense???

Also, did anyone else get the impression from the Titanic episode at xmas that the moral was'have lots of money and be selfish?'

Grrrr....
"I'm out of it for a little while, everyone gets delusions of grandeur"

Shinji Ikari
SFL Pro

Post by Shinji Ikari » Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:27 pm

Sark wrote:Really? Surely that would make even less sense???

Also, did anyone else get the impression from the Titanic episode at xmas that the moral was'have lots of money and be selfish?'

Grrrr....

yer your right lol

as for siris 4 its Starts 5th April

Roosta
SFL Active Member

Post by Roosta » Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:32 pm

Ok, so Series 4 (/30) is now over (- in a melancholy mess!). :?

As is now traditional, lets have your nominations for the best and worst episodes please.

My votes:

Best Episode: 'Silence in the Library' (- quite possible the best of the last 4 series!) - with an honerable mention for 'Midnight'

Worst Episode: 'The Unicorn and the Wasp' was pretty bad, so lets go with that!

Overall, a pretty good series though I thought. Lets look forwards to even better things from the Moffat era soon to come! :mrgreen:
"TO THE SPACE GUN!!!"

The Editor
SFL Active Member

Post by The Editor » Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:47 pm

Definitely the library two-parter as the best. I was going to say the series finale, only because we see the back of that annoying Donna, but the whole episode was so corny and over the top it comes close to being the worst. I'm just waiting to see into which dark realms Moffat is going to take The Doctor after all that time in Davies' fairyland.

Roosta
SFL Active Member

Post by Roosta » Mon Jul 07, 2008 5:11 pm

For me the Finale pretty much encapsulated RTD's style. At times he can be emotionally affecting, but he's also lasy, doesn't truly understand the genre, and just makes stuff up to get out of tight situations. Donna was best when she wasnt shouting, but won't be a massive loss now that she's 'left' (- which I guess is the worst thing I could've said!).

But I am indeed looking forward to see what Moffat can do!

Oh, and I competely forgot to metion, but Torchwood, Series 2, pretty much wiped the floor with Who this year! Those guys deserve a ton of praise for turning that ship around so convincingly. (- perhaps the writers of Heroes could learn a thing or two here, after dismal Season 2 (- but thats a different thread entirely!)).

Right, bitching over! :wink:
"TO THE SPACE GUN!!!"