Heroes No more?

All things on the small screen... TV, DVD, Video games... take your pick
shazad
SFL Member

Heroes No more?

Post by shazad » Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:49 pm

I liked Heroes when it started, the only thing that let the first season down was a lack luster finale.

Now with the way the second series went, the third seems to be heading the same direction.

I wouldn't be surprised if the show ends with the current series, but with Bryan Fuller looking like he's returning, we'll have to see whether he can bring it back to form.

Roosta
SFL Active Member

Re: Heroes No more?

Post by Roosta » Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:01 pm

Couldn't agree with you more Shaz. The first season of Heroes was one of the finest First Seasons of a TV show that I've seen, (- and, with the exception of a slightly anti-climactic finale, consistent throughout).

But season 2 was poor, even before the writers strike, and the third, whilst better, is still suffereing the same problems. - ie. Instead of being about ordinary people who happen to have powers, it's turned into one gigantic superheroic soap opera.

Whether this is enough to cancel a show that's probably still pulling pretty good numbers in the US, however, is another question. I wish it well, but I guess that when you've had excellence, and are now lumbered with high expectations, not to mention a cast of much bigger stars than when you started, it's always going to be difficult.
"TO THE SPACE GUN!!!"

Heebie
SFL Member

Post by Heebie » Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:35 am

Part of the proble is too much too soon.

The first series was great, but why rush out a second series so quickly (apart to capitalise and make money obviously)?

If they'd have taken their time it would have returned stronger and not risk cancellation so soon.

Roosta
SFL Active Member

Post by Roosta » Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:52 am

According to reports, it looks like Heroes will be picked up for yet another season! http://scifiwire.com/2009/04/will-these ... w.php#more

Personally I can't understand this, as the current series just feels like it's circling the drain! - I'm only continuing to watch now out of some perhaps mis-placed affection for the first season, and so that I never have to worry about watching it ever again!

(- Mind you, it could be worse, it could be the new Knight Rider series which, by all accounts, is poo!).
"TO THE SPACE GUN!!!"

redlily
SFL New User

Post by redlily » Fri May 08, 2009 8:34 am

Heroes will not stop.
I like this show. at the very begining, I thought that was a silly show. there were only some people with power who acted heroes. but afer wacthed nearly 3 seasons, my opinoins changed. this is an good show with rigorous logic. I find this show is stimulating.

the-mental-one
SFL Member

Post by the-mental-one » Fri May 08, 2009 12:17 pm

Roosta wrote:According to reports, it looks like Heroes will be picked up for yet another season! http://scifiwire.com/2009/04/will-these ... w.php#more

Personally I can't understand this, as the current series just feels like it's circling the drain! - I'm only continuing to watch now out of some perhaps mis-placed affection for the first season, and so that I never have to worry about watching it ever again!

(- Mind you, it could be worse, it could be the new Knight Rider series which, by all accounts, is poo!).
It's not about how good or bad a show is it's about how much money the company can make by broadcasting it, Heroes is still pulling in the viewing numbers and will therefore likely continue for a while.