Demons on ITV

All things on the small screen... TV, DVD, Video games... take your pick
Heebie
SFL Member

Demons on ITV

Post by Heebie » Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:13 am

I missed the first episode. I was wondering what people thought about it?

All I've heard are bad things about Philip Gleinster's attemps at a US accent.

shazad
SFL Member

Re: Demons on ITV

Post by shazad » Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:52 am

Saw the first episode, and thought it was all really dull.

Didn't get into the story or characters. But it is only the first episode, I'll see if it get's better.

The Editor
SFL Active Member

Post by The Editor » Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:29 am

It wasn't great, especially given the talent involved, but it was the first episode that has to quickly establish the characters and premise. We also have to remember that it is aimed at the Doctor Who audience, which is why it is on early Saturday evening. And Glenister's accent is dreadful. Why did his character have to be a Yank instead of a Manc?

If you want to see a good vampire show for grown ups then check out True Blood from HBO. So far there have been no announcements of when it will show on any of the UK channels, but apparently it can be found on BitTorrent. :wink:

elle
SFL Active Member

Post by elle » Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:15 pm

Demons is pants..i watched approx 10 mins of first show..quite obvious a male hottie show...a d...head with a far away look in his sweet liddle eyes, and another guy with a fake american accent which upset my stomach for hours...
then 2-3 mins of second show...cynically it is an attempt to infantilise us..
made for teenage girls (or old men perhaps?)
I see ''talent was involved''? what talent is that?... like the ''yank...mank'' quote..
just a thought anyone watching sanctuary?..

billy
SFL Member

Post by billy » Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:34 pm

I've not seen Sanctuary since it was out as webisodes on their website (still findable on youtube) and they were being interesting with their selling model, sticking up eps for free but charging for high quality downloads with a bunch of extras (including pre-green screen sequences for you to build your own mini-episodes from). I wrote about it at the beginning of last year but didn't hear that it had actually made it to TV until the other week.

I've heard good things about everything apart from Amanda Tapping's english accent, which worries me as she was born over here and can allegedly put on a good brit impression when she wants to...

elle
SFL Active Member

Post by elle » Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:26 pm

I do like Sanctuary...its almost old fashioned , what sci fi/fantasy /timeshifting should be?
I find it comfortable to watch..sherlock holmes, jack the ripper..age defiance and 'theres nowhere like home' even for the scary ones...
and Amanda with long hair, her accent?..she is just right for this part...so who cares...Sanctuary has everything!

tried to watch demons again and just ended up laughing and irritated..