sci fi london 2011

Festival talk, movie suggestions, new ideas...
donmurray29
SFL Member

sci fi london 2011

Post by donmurray29 » Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:04 pm

Next year will be 10 years, and have gone to all 10 years of it, so Suggestions now, I put up my bit for the anime all nighter, have an idea for the logo for the 10 years, (since I worked and trained in design). And I want a t-shirt this time around as I was promised one for 10 years of sci fi london!!!

Would like to see Mamoru Oshii -Assault Girls his sort of sequel to Avalon which you showed 10 years ago, show show both movies in blu ray, no please do not put this on the same time as the all nighters as I can't do without my anime.

LORD OF THE RINGS, Fellowship, Inception, Star Wars ep4: new hope, Blade Runner, the final cut on blu ray on big screen triple on Sunday after evening, finish before 11pm so we can go home and the buggers who did all nighters before hand can rest and travel back to see these classics, or Monday day spread so there can be an before and after party on the Monday after night of the last day Sunday.

Drag so Big name actors, directors, producers, studio groups, artists production designers etc from around the world for some q+a and talks.
Quiz day and nights every day.

And lots of computer and video and trading card games around and the companies to boot, art and art books and prints on display and to buy q+a from this people from this media too. Basically, stuff to buy and win as well as 10 year sci fi london shirt and stuff.

We are only getting this 10 years once and we better live it up.

Shinji Ikari
SFL Pro

Re: sci fi london 2011

Post by Shinji Ikari » Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:51 pm

From some oen else who has been to them all I would have to agree on the need for a big 10th birthday bash and theres many things that could be sugested but has there been any incaling from the main staff about what might be happing for it?

donmurray29
SFL Member

Re: sci fi london 2011

Post by donmurray29 » Wed Sep 29, 2010 4:32 pm

We should show advance previews of Captain America as that is being shot in England as we speak and Thor as Brit Kenneth Branna is directing that, so could we get him, get sfx / crew or cast from these to do Q+A after the showings of these.

Get a FX studio showcase Q+A like Cinesite, The Mill or any other London based FX house and show their latest movie. Do the same with Comic artists and writers, show their work on the big screen.Q+A with Pat Mills and other great 2000 ad writers and artists who work in 2000ad an America, Europe.

Neil Gaiman talk with Coraline shown in Blu Ray, and him reading bits from his books. Actor Ian Holm, from Lord of the rings, Alien, Fifth Element.

Womens sci fi writers Q+A from UK USA Sherri S Tepper, Tanya Huff, Mercedes Lackey, Jacqueline Carey, C.J. Cherryh and others.

Moebius, he has done so much for sci fi comics and film with his work on Tron, Fifth Element and others

Simon Bisley, also so much he has done for film with FAKK, with games and and comics, love to get a sketch from him too boot!

Manga / Comic wall every night with best art on show each day after.

Games companies having loads of sci fi games to play every day and tournaments, Q+A from artists, actors, producers etc from these, SEGA, CAPCOM Microsoft etc, get them people from Japan, USA, and here to talk, buy games merchandsie.